cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

I got note 4  and new sim and cannot get 4 g although o2 say network coverage is excellent in my area. This has been since October and I read on here to text for settings  and reboot phone so Isent text got charged for message but didn't get any reply.

Can any one please help me I am so fed up that I cannot use my phone to check my bank, open links in mail. I end up having to set up laptop or tablet which is quicker.

My phone never shows 4g only e or sometimes g and a lot of the time it's emergency calls only.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Its network congestion.
If you cant get 4g to help you need to switch networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check with o2 customer service that you have 4G enabled, you have a 4G sim and tariff.

Also check postcode here  http://status.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Can you get 3G at all...are you able to get any internet whatsoever?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for your reply.  I have it  all. O2 sent a new sim when I got in touch with them before as they thought sim was at fault. I have spent ages online talking to them they talked me through setting it for 4g.  I checked coverage two days ago  and they sent text this morning saying excellent in this area no faults.

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can get email but if I try to open to read it takes forever  phone is showing H+ but they say cover is excellent and I checked online. Think I'm going to call into an o2 store and see what they say.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Before you do that just check your settings here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Servi...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Its network congestion.
If you cant get 4g to help you need to switch networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8