Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If you are asking about O2 branded firmware, then no, they never tell us until it's released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If you are asking about O2 branded firmware, then no, they never tell us until it's released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@MI5 ,

In Android powered phones are they like iOS where the owner is presented with a marker on their update settings saying one is available ?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If they have the ota option enabled, yes.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an unbranded handset ie from CPW or Phones 4U then it is available now.

I have it but to be honest there wasn't a great deal of change. I wouldn't lose too much sleep not having it.
Message 5 of 9

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Mi5 what do you mean by the ota option enabled ?
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Over the air
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 149395 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
to enable OTA go to settings >about device >software updates and tick the box.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Find date of release, multiply by the stars in the sky. Divide by amount of people working on the update in O2's shack, Make up a date Watch it pass and then wait some more!
Message 9 of 9