Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1.2 for I9300 released today.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Samsung have started to roll out 4.1.2 for the S3 I9300 today for unlocked phones. It is going country by country over the next few days/weeks. All you peeps on O2 branded phones (O2U) will have to wait for O2 to approve but anyone with an open phone (BTU) should be getting it very soon..... (dial *#1234# for your CSC).

Samsung has added a ton of new features in Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S III, most of the features are brought from the Galaxy Note II.

Some of the Enhancements in the new update: -Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K -Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II) -Page Buddy -New Gallery App (Same as in Note II) -Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized) -Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled -Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings) -Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard) -Paper Artist App -Group Cast App

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just watched this video of some of the new functions coming with 4.1.2. Kinda puts iOS to shame wink

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/12/07/premium-suite-upgrade-for-galaxy-siii-part-1/

It is impressive I must say slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupid question but...

Any news on o2s release date for branded handsets? Or if no news, anybodys best guess based on previous updates?

Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 released JB before the unbranded roll out due to a deal with Samsung. As it seems different with every update only O2 would know the answer to this.... and they ain't tellin wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stupid question number 2:

is the galaxy s3 on the list for 4.2 in a few month time? Or do we reckon the mini will take priority?

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@micklep wrote:

Stupid question number 2:

is the galaxy s3 on the list for 4.2 in a few month time? Or do we reckon the mini will take priority?

My guess is that the O2 branded version of 4.1.2 will come just after christmas, possibly the new year depending on holidays etc....

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Let us know how the battery usage goes....

Screenshot_2012-12-07-17-48-33.png

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does appear to be a little better on battery!

Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Does appear to be a little better on battery!

Good news, thanks

Currently using:
Message 28 of 29

druck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The most important feature of the 4.1.2 update is that it fixes problem with the More Settings item of Wireless and networks crashing. This has affected many users since the update from ICS to Jellybean, preventing tethering from being used, which has been a massive inconvenience for the last few months.
Message 29 of 29