Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£3 charge from Watch It for TVMulticast

Jester88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My sister was on facebook on her smartphone when she came across a video clip. She saw a message saying that payment would be taken for watching so she got out of that screen and back to home.

But it now appears she was charged £3 by Watch It for something described at TVMulticst.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

NickH
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good advice thanks. £9 is no big deal, its more the principle of the thing. They have actually said they will refund my £9 providing I send proof of my address. You can guess what my answer was to that! I told them I want £9 with no further action on my part.
Message 11 of 18

CR
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Nick, how did you get in with this in the end as they have done the same and are asking the same of my disabled son. He has no bills in his name anyway so cannot provide the ‘proof’ they are asking for
Message 12 of 18

PeteF1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just been scammed like this as well, and have found various posts on this, but none seem to have a  'conclusion', so I'll post progress here for info.

Story so far:

7th Dec - Watch It texted me with the same texts as have been posted here before, saying I had until 19:33 on 8th to cancel

8th Dec - after researching online, decided it was safe to text STOP to 62442, and did so at 10:59 (is well before their deadline) and got charged 10p for the text. OK so far

9th Dec - got £3 charge added to my O2 bill. No longer OK! After more research, decided it was safe to phone them on 03308085223, and did so. In spite of being outside office hours (9 - 7 Mon - Fri), I went through their automated process to cancel, which concluded with their auto-voice saying "you will not be charged any more", and then received a text from them saying "you have been unsubscribed". Will see what happens next, and update here.

Message 13 of 18

PeteF1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

10th Dec am - phoned Watch it, they answered very quickly and confirmed my cancellation, and said that as a gesture of good will (!!!), they would refund me, and would send me an email. This arrived just minutes later, asking for proof of address - err, I dont think I'll be doing that!! Phoned them back, and they said I should reply acordingly to the email, which I have now done, telling them they need to use another method to refund, and  that I was well aware of Consumer Rights etc. 

Message 14 of 18

PeteF1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
20th Dec - they asked again for proof of address for sending a refund, and I again refused to send anything official, but I told them my address anyway. They replied 'thanks', and said a cheque would be sent I the next 10 days. Which seemed fine to me :-).
Bizarrely tho, the next day, the charge was backed out from my O2 bill! There wasn't a £3 credit to compensate, but the charge had completely disappeared! So was happy with that as well.
Just to confuse further, they then sent me a text saying a cheque had been sent - and the next day, sent me another text saying they couldn't send a cheque, but would refund instead.
So I'm not sure they know what they are doing - but I seem to have been successfully un-subscribed and successfully refunded, for the cost of one 10p text, two free inclusive-minutes phone calls, and two emails.
Verdict: although it was a surprise to be billed in the first place, it has been satisfactorily and quickly resolved.
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's great news @PeteF1 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

PeteF1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
21st Dec - not only have they backed-out the original charge (as per my previous post), I have just received the cheque that they said they could not issue! So at present, I am £2:90 in profit from this carry-on - I have a £3 cheque, which will nicely cover the 10p charge for the 'stop' text!
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Isn't there a wonderful sense of satisfaction when the scammers get scammed

Message 18 of 18