Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-115 dbuV where I live

ScottyBoy65
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Poor signal every day, despite O2 coverage map saying great signal on 4G etc etc, tried reporting poor network signal, just get a message back saying nothing is wrong. This is indoors and outdoors. Phone is S9 less than a year old, wife's S8 is also the same.

1 bar on phone display at all times, calls sound robotic and drop constantly.

I live in a city - not middle of nowhere! SIM status shows -115 dbuV all the time on both mobiles. Pay monthly account on both.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ScottyBoy65
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
O2 Network Update:

Looks like a nearby phone mast isn’t working as it should, sorry.

Our engineers are likely to be on the case already, and your service might come and go until we fix it.

Terms apply.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@ScottyBoy65

Signal can be variable, and can be affected by numerous factors and Cities can be the worst places.

Lots of Metal and Glass buildings that can act like Faraday cages.

Not a lot o2 can do about it, they may put in extra nano or micro cell sites.

Also you cant get out of the contracts as Mobile Signal isn't guaranteed, due to other objects that can impact Signal Quality and strength (also noted in the T&C's you read and agreed to as part of your contract).
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

ScottyBoy65
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm in a new build timber frame house but even outside the signal is ****. There are two masts within 3 miles and we can't make a call. There are no large buildings in the suburban area and all of the houses are new, i.e. same timber construction. O2 state the signal here is high but it's not. I moved a month ago from the city centre (where the signal was good) to a new build in the suburbs and the phones are now unusable.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ScottyBoy65 The signal strength shown on the coverage checker is only a general estimate and can't be considered to be the definitive coverage.

O2 has no responsibility over where you choose to move. You can call and ask to cancel or ask for a goodwill gesture for your poor coverage, but there's no guarantee you'll be offered either.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to test their coverage. If one is better, switch provider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

ScottyBoy65
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
O2 Network Update:

Looks like a nearby phone mast isn’t working as it should, sorry.

Our engineers are likely to be on the case already, and your service might come and go until we fix it.

Terms apply.
Message 5 of 6

ScottyBoy65
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Seems they found a fault after all. I didn't want to cancel, I want a working phone. It's 2020 not 1920. I had hoped the forum would include actual O2 people not other punters with their own opinions.

I know what a Faraday's cage is, I have a degree in engineering myself. I understand signal strength and dbmV.

I wanted a reply from O2 staff, not guesses. Thanks to all who pitched in with comments though, useful or not.
Message 6 of 6