cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on London tube

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

when I want to register for virgin wifi in the tube, i got message: error, it seems that this device is registered on another number. If i check my devices in o2wifi webpage I can see my current phone and number there. Still I cannot log in to wifi at tune stations. Can you please help?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144817 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Have a look at the help here.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-on-the-underground
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Anonymous! Welcome to our forum! slight_smile

Sorry to hear you weren't able to register. Did the page linked above by MI5 help you with the issue?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144817 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You can also try resetting your connection as described here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conn...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please follow @MI5 advice and read how other members fixed the issue.

Maybe your issue is related to what @Tofolo_1 had explained:

[...] Its the O2 wifi network that remembers the MAC address of your Phone so even if you do all the deleting it does nothing. The next time you connect O2 wifi simply sees the MAC address again and connects on the old account. Its not the phone settings 🙂

Please let us know if that’s what you needed and if there’s anything else we can do for you Wave

And thanks to everyone for the help heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5