Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was a victim of scam call 24th July 2023

Kenjor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a scam call 24 July and foolishly gave information to the scammer that allowed them to order an upgrade and expensive new handset. Immediately after the scam call on realisation it was scam I called O2 and was advised that if the order could not be cancelled and a delivery made, probably the scammers would call trying to convince me that the wrong package had been delivered and they would send a courier to pick it up. Sure enough following the package being delivered I was inundated with calls which I refused to answer until the following day when I answered and replied to his introduction that he was from O2, “that I knew he was not from O2 and I had already reported this scam”. The scammer immediately hung up.

On 27th July I called O2 and requested how or if I should return the unopened package and restore my account back to what it was prior to the scam. I was advised not to return the package as the matter had been referred to the fraud department and they would be in touch after 30 days.

I again called O2 on 1st August after receiving notice of my bill based on the upgrade and purchase of a handset that remains in the unopened package. I was advised once again that the Fraud department would be in touch after 30 days and if appropriate a refund of payments would be made.

It is now 5th September, well over 30 days since the report of the scam, and facing a second bill for something I admit stupidly was coerced into and could have been worse if I hadn’t immediately recognised my foolish mistake.

If this is picked up by anyone in O2 that deals with these types of enquiries a response would be much appreciated.

Kenny Jordan 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Kenjor 

Nothing you can do but wait for fraud to complete their investigation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Kenjor 

Nothing you can do but wait for fraud to complete their investigation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2