Did you mean: 

Urgent help required. O2 Credit Default - Applying for Mortgage

totom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I know this is a common topic out there, reaching out to see if anyone can help here as i'm desperate to resolve this. Its causing me and my family huge amounts of stress right now!

I recently became aware of an O2 account associated with Virgin Media (my broadband provider), which came as a surprise to me. It appears that this account was established as a package add-on during the merger between the two companies. However, I never initiated this request, nor did I receive a SIM card or any confirmation regarding the activation of this account. This situation has resulted in a credit default on my credit file, which as you can imagine is significantly impacting my financial standing as I am currently in the process of securing a mortgage.

After many hours on the phone I've managed to have the account credited from the £88 i apparently owed down to £0, and the account is now cancelled. 

I'm now in the processing of contacting all the avenues (credit file referrals / amendments) to no reply as i try to get written confirmation that the credit default will be removed. I keep trying to call customer services but end up going in circles!!

Time isn't on my side right now, if anyone here is able to help that would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144540 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@totom 

No one can do anything apart from the amendments team, so keep pushing them for help.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write or fax them:

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144540 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@totom 

No one can do anything apart from the amendments team, so keep pushing them for help.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write or fax them:

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2