Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iPhone 5 is coming to O2...

Remember thought that the pretty graphs in network speed comparison are all well and good but are THEORETICAL maximums ...

I believe that EE when it launches will only be upto 40mbps ... not the 100mbps that LTE can support at the top end

O2's HSPA+ / DC-HSPA can offer upto about 40mbps and in general will be probably comparable to EE anyway...

Its all smoke and mirrors

From EE:
EE says that its networks are five times faster than its current 3G networks, meaning you can download data and update your social networking feeds with a quickness. The company touts download speeds of up to 40Mbps per second and upload speeds of up to 15Mbps a second.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Remember thought that the pretty graphs in network speed comparison are all well and good but are THEORETICAL maximums ...

I believe that EE when it launches will only be upto 40mbps ... not the 100mbps that LTE can support at the top end

O2's HSPA+ / DC-HSPA can offer upto about 40mbps and in general will be probably comparable to EE anyway...

Its all smoke and mirrors

From EE:
EE says that its networks are five times faster than its current 3G networks, meaning you can download data and update your social networking feeds with a quickness. The company touts download speeds of up to 40Mbps per second and upload speeds of up to 15Mbps a second.

So do we have a view on whether U900 and HSPA+ 21.2Mbps will work on the iPhone 5 and o2?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Highlighted
Anonymous

My 3G still isn't on!! Any tips folks?
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got 3G but no mobile data. Arrrgh!!

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Hi what i did was reset my network settings in the setting part of iphone and 3g is working fine, if not id ask apple

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Lisa and Drew I'll try them
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Try switching the phone on and off again might do the trick.

Highlighted
Anonymous

My iPhone 5 won't recognise the nano sim, just tells me there is no Isis installed.  The sim itself s fine as I can use it from my old iPhone 4 .  Anyone else had a similar issue?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers penny, so far I have tried
Off/On (multiple times)
Airplane mode (multiple times)
Resetting my cellular data network settings
Dunno what else to do... Hoping I wake up tomorrow and its sorted