cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win a Google Nexus 7!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

We have secured 4 more Google Nexus 7 tablets for 4 more lucky members! Terms & Conditions

From Tuesday 22nd April to Tuesday 19th June, every 2 weeks, we will be randomly selecting one community member who has posted at least once during the previous 2 weeks' time. The competition is open to all registered users, whether they are new or community veterans, but posts in breech of the Community Guidelines (including but not limited to spam, abusive posts or posts containing inappropriate language; please refer to the Community Guidelines) will be excluded.

Draw schedule:

Wed 7th May 2014
Wed 21st May 2014
Wed 4th June 2014
Wed 20th June 2014

The lucky winners will be notified by private message with details on how to claim their prize.

Good luck luck everybody!
Message 1 of 253
252 REPLIES 252

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Forgetful I can forgive...but fickle?.... Pfffttt !!LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 253

kollies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Awesome this would be a great birthday present for my wife

Message 72 of 253

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck everybody and thank you to o2 for giving us all a chance to win something like this wishing everybody good luck for winning
Message 73 of 253

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, good luck everyone!

Message 74 of 253

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well today I have been taken aback. Every member is entitled to his/her views and of course that is commended but I feel today that the moderators here @Toby and @Anonymous just cannot win.

Here we have a low cost way to encourage new and existing members to use the Community more. It is even possible that o2 may have not paid for them, they may be a promotion from Google. It is not a "competition", nor is it a bit of a gamble.

No, It is just a nice thing for o2 to do to help encourage more use of a Community which is effectively run by customers for customers.

Sorry to say this @Anonymous as you have given some wonderful thoughts and posts in your time here already but I was hugely disappointed to read this one. 😈
Message 75 of 253

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I feel I have to agree with @Anonymous here. Initially these tablets were given out to new joiners only.

(A random draw) Some feel the same opportunity should be available for ALL posters. (and that was listened to so we all have an equal chance).

I wouldn''t want to get into the ball game of getting a chance purely on posts of merit...as then who decides what posts are deserving?

This competition (or whatever it is called,) starts off on a level playing field. As an admitted technophobe i am extremely happy at having the same chance as everyone else on here

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 253

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It's one of the perks of being a Community member and gives everyone a fair chance of obtaining one of these tablets for no more effort than joining and posting on the Community.

It's a way of promoting the Community and we welcome new members with open arms. I just hope those who do join stick around which is obviously one of the aims of the promotion.

Message 77 of 253

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Oh dear - I am sorry indeed that my post has disappointed you.  I honestly did not write it as a criticism of @Toby @Chiara   or any other moderator or member. As I have pointed out elsewhere I am most appreciative of all the help I have received from this Community.

I am not really sure why you have taken such exception to my post, especially as you appear to agree with me - it is NOT in fact a competition.  Furthermore you answer my question by advising that the purpose is indeed to encourage more use of the Community. I have never been a fan of "freebies" preferring that incentives should require at least some effort on the part of those who would wish to benefit from them. People do like a challange and should an opportunity to offer some gifts arise in future maybe awards could be made for  best or most creative solution to a problem; or best idea for improving the Community; or best review of a new app or new phone etc.  That's all I was getting round to and I can only apologise if through my own ineptness I inadvertently caused offence, annoyance or disppointment to any of the moderators.  I would be quite happy if the message were removed. Not sure if I can do that myself via editing - but I will have a try.

Gerry

Message 78 of 253

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I see no reason to delete it @Anonymous as you have stated facts and your opinion. After all it's an open forum and I can see the points you are making. I too would be interested as to how the winners will be drawn, computer random selection or names in a hat or some other technological way?

EDIT: I see you have now deleted it, really no need to. As piperdog123 has previously pointed out in his own posts, the forum is for everyone to express their views.

Message 79 of 253

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also agree with @jonsie in that your post Should have remained @Anonymous as it was your opinion. we will never all agree here of course and healthy constructive debate is good. Many of your posts have been excellent.
Message 80 of 253