Did you mean: 

Try the Tech: New phase!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we often loan devices out to members, so that you can have a go with the some of the latest phones to see what you think. You can then also write reviews or guides about the devices, which helps other members on the community decide whether to consider them slight_smile

We're ready for a new phase and below are the devices we currently have to loan out:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI 

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY XPERIA Z BLACK 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

MOTOROLA MOTO X

We have more than one of some of these devices, giving more of you a chance to test them out! If you'd like to have a go, post here or send me a private message and we can discuss options slight_smile

Also, if you have any ideas of devices you'd like to try out in the future that are not included here, let us know too!

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I don't think it's possible to do what you want if I'm understanding you correctly.
Toby only works weekdays officially and Monday is a BH so maybe he'll answer on Tuesday 🙂
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 101 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don't fully understand what you mean.

Do you hear noises when you tap the keyboard when typing an email or text?

What noises are you expecting when navigating the phone? I don't remember my Bold 9900 making any noise when I did that.

If you are expecting a noise every time you touch the screen (haptic feedback), no matter what you are doing then, sorry, the BlackBerry Z10 doesn't do that. BlackBerry 10 doesn't support that type of function.

Edit:

Just realised that the Bold 9900 has an Audible Roll function when using the trackpad on it that I immediately switched off. Is this what you mean? It would make a noise when using the trackpad to switch between screens and apps? Unfortunately, again, this isn't something that was included in BB10 or the BlackBerry Z10.

Message 102 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I think I have found the answer here on the Z30. I don't know if it works on the Z10 or nor but it IS possible for keyboard and touch screen sounds.

From your home screen go to Settings. Then click on Language and Input. Then go to Feedback and slide the cursor for sound to the right. You can adjust it later to suit.

Is that what you are looking for?
Message 103 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummm...thats what I said here (although, admittedly, now I've went in and checked the settings I can see my instructions were wrong, an OS update must have changed things since I last looked at it) and included the screenshot wink

Unless your Z30 now makes sounds when you're selecting sounds and navigating around menus?

Message 104 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @pupadug

On closer inspection this only works when using the keyboard. You continue to be correct with no sound when navigating round the menu.
Message 105 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gave it a go but cannot see a way for the OP to have what they are asking for here.
Message 106 of 173

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone tried returning the phone through the Post Office and found that the postage has been underpaid and the Post Office want a further 80 pence? I though't Royal Mail Special Delivery was £6.40
Message 107 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No, never happened to me - Maybe a stamp fell off your envelope?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 108 of 173

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Dean, send me a PM about that and I'll see if I can sort it out slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 109 of 173

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I checked the envelope and It was definitely £6.40 I've sent Toby and Private Message and I did really enjoy the Blackberry Z30 apart from the Keypress Tones NOT working It was fun playing the Sims Free Play and It was fantastic call quality on speaker phone 🙂
Message 110 of 173