Try the Tech: New Phase! (3.11.2014)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

TTT_1.png

Hi everyone,

We are ready to start a new phase with Try the Tech. Thanks all who took part in the previous one and posted your reviews.

If you're not yet aware of what Try the Tech is about: it's a good way to get to know a device or operating system that you might not have used before, before making a purchase decision. You'll get to try your hand at reviewing a device as well. Please check here for the T&Cs and a more detailed programme description.

The devices we have available for this phase are listed below. We have a newcomer on the list this time: the Amazon Fire. slight_smile

Devices:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

MOTOROLA MOTO X

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

AMAZON FIRE

If you are interested in trying out any of these devices, please send a PM to Toby with your preference.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanna start testing those phone and tabs so I can review about the product?
Message 31 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you sent @Toby (community co-ordinator) a private message? You need to do this so he can consider you for the Tech trial If you haven't already then please click on his name in my post and you will be able to PM him from there...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The next phase is die to stay any day so get your Pm sent as soon as possible. 

Message 33 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't accept any inboxes until they've told us all its happening... So it's literally 1st come 1st serve... So basically everyone that works will miss out because we can't check our phones every 2mins lol
Message 34 of 52

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They won't accept any inboxes until they've told us all its happening... So it's literally 1st come 1st serve... So basically everyone that works will miss out because we can't check our phones every 2mins lol

@Nope that's not how it works. Register your interest with @Toby and then it's down to number of devices available.

Message 35 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't work like that @Anonymous wink If you have PM'd @Toby to express your interest in Try The Tech, everyone is given equal consideration. You will then be informed if you are successful this time. Only problem is ...there are usually more people wanting to be involved than there are devices available wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well Toby told me that I can't do it like that?
That I have to wait until it's been put up and then you inbox and ask for what it is you would like... I'm so confused right now
Message 37 of 52

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Toby will be correct as it is he who makes the rules.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Toby will be correct as it is he who makes the rules.

Agreed...though you do have to contact him to express interest as I understood. He then provides a list of devices on the TTT thread and then you contact him to ask for the one you want...? (Apologies if that is wrong...I always thought 'interest had to be expressed' via PM first?) Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
I expressed my interest earlier this month and he said I had to wait till the list was up... So it's fair for everyone.. (which I understand completely) I just want to see what the hype is about this Note4.. Because apparently it's amazeballs 😉💦
Message 40 of 52