Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I think you are right @Anonymous. People will be leaving in droves I suspect...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 471 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Three is the only way .

I have done it after getting O2 to back down and let me out of contract penalty free.

I am sitting on temporary  Sim with Three, waiting for number transfer Monday.  All very efficient so far.

Three is already giving me a better signal at home than I get with O2.

I am to receive 3 times the data allowance for around half the price and better, much better, international roaming.

I think O2 is in serious trouble, trying to save the maintenance costs of TuGo paid to the external supplier.

Message 472 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As I said previously, O2 are now very probably the worst network out there. Three and EE certainly offer much better value tariffs now and complete wifi calling with texts. Also a much better roaming experience. 

Message 473 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have real practical hard earned experience of EE which would mean I could not recommend them. They are now owned by BT, one of the worst organisations in the UK for customer care in my view.  I do not believe that BT  should be allowed to own EE, the pair together are too dominant.

On two seperate EU visits I had long perioids of outage of EE roaming, several days, in more than one country.

Of course any network can have problems, it is how they deal with customer care during and afterwards that is the real measure. EE do not measure up.

They are a shadow of the great customer focussed organisation that Orange was, when it was started and first went public.

Message 474 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can only speak from your experience. Personally I've had no problems at all apart from a hitch in porting my number. Customer service was brilliant and arranged for the porting team to call me. They discovered one hour later and the next day two different people from EE, one from customer service and one from the porting team, called me to see if the problem was solved. It was, so first class customer care. 

Message 475 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually no not just my individual experience.  There is masses of information on what seems to be regular.

I was caught twice, two different  years and had to argue with Chief Execs Office to get charges for a Roaming service I had not had, removed. Shocking that I had to argue about it and threaten to go to Court.

EE roaming outage hits Brits basking abroad • The Register

1 Aug 2016 - #EE worldwide #roaming issues continuing. Still #NOSERVICE for customers & no info on website. 2nd day. HELP! @EE @standardnews.

EE crashes again leaving UK customers frustrated | Daily Mail Online
10 Oct 2017 - EE is suffering a major network outage (coverage pictured), leaving UK ... analyst DownDetector , which tracks worldwide network coverage.

16 May 2017 - EE appears to have fixed a network issue that left users across the UK without 4G mobile internet for several hours this morning.

10 Oct 2017 - The issue began around 8 a.m. on Tuesday, according to outage-monitoring site Down Detector, which collatesseveral thousand EE outage ...

EE outage leaves users unable to make or receive voice calls | Irish ...
10 Oct 2017 - EE has been hit by a service outage across the UK, with customers reporting they are unable to make or receive phone calls. The telecoms firm ...

Message 476 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
That's quite a dossier but you can probably find dissatisfied customers for any network. Personally I've decided to take my contract with Three as soon as possible.
Message 477 of 1,062

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
The only problem with Three is if you try and leave - they give you loads more data and minutes and reduce your bill to persuade you to stay wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 478 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, all service providers of any service, get some dissatisfied Customers.

EE have in my experience made an art form of bad customer service. Maybe one that O2 are about to follow.

The problems that caught me at EE, may have affected millions.  Nothing was happening about one outage till I contacted the Daily Mail and the CEO, from Italy. The response from EE support, was shocking. When they KNOW they have a mass outage, across a lot of the world, the least they should do is put an explanation up. The least they should have done is not charge the roaming fee which then existed while there was no service.

it was not always like this.

When Hans Snook ran Orange it was superb,  I joined in the IPO and bought shares, I even hung in when France Telecom took, over for a while.

Message 479 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds great!

Message 480 of 1,062