Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate the link to the complaint website. A consultation to understand just how people were using TuGo would have been nice...

It truly changed my life whilst travelling for long periods and I know others use it in poor cell coverage areas, when batteries die on phones but iPads and Computers are still going... the numerous advantages to TuGo for so many people are definitely not understood by O2 decision makers it seems.

Sigh.
Message 391 of 1,062

TonyMM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is awful service from O2. Signal is bad where we live, the Tu service was the only reason to stay with O2 at a premium price. The handset they sold me last year won't work with the new wifi service. O2 either need to provide me with a compatible handset free of charge or let me out of my contract without penalty.

Breach of contract in my opinion.

Message 392 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you look up the CEO of O2 you will find an email address. They Executive Complaints unit will allow you to leave mid contract, they did me anyway. They are immune to arguments like yours. I have concluded they are in corporate meltdown. Headless and disorganised. The reputational loss will be astonishingly damaging. Can the Chief Excec survive it? I doubt it.Two important people left at the end of September.
Best to settle with them and move to 3, which is what I have done.
Message 393 of 1,062

MrWagstaff
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sent 

Dear Which

I wish to complain about o2 and the flippant manner in which they are withdrawing their wifi calling app Tugo and their apparent disregard for the impact this will have on their customers including myself.

This app provides calling and text messaging via any available wifi network.

O2 have announced the end of the service as of the 30th November 2017 and whilst they are indicating that there are alternatives, the reality is that no other apps (e.g Whatsapp) fulfil the same function and neither does their new voice over wifi (vowif)i service.

ALL Tugo users will be affected to some degree including those with new handsets capable of making voice over wifi which is being touted as the new thing with the inference being that it will make Tugo redundant. It doesnt!

The Tugo app serves the following functions:
1.Enables calls to and from any registered device via the o2 customers mobile number. In situations whereby the o2 network service is dysfunctional, the number will still operate seamlessly.
2.Additionally, customers may use devices other than their usual mobile phone to make and receive calls as if calling from their mobile and using their purchased minutes/texts allowance. This is useful in situations such as flat battery, lost phone. Or just the sheer convenience of taking a call whilst using a laptop / Tablet e.t.c

Many consumers face the prospect of losing service whilst tied to contracts having been reassured by the existence of this app.

Over to Which!

Message 394 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was shocked and appalled when I got the email from 02 saying they were terminating the Tu Go service.  I have little to no signal at home and rely on TuGo the Wifi call is useless as my Nokia phone is not compatible and I have no intention of getting a new phone and certainly not signing up for one with O2 - I use the app on my PC for Texting all the time as it is quicker than using my phone.  I simply cannot believe they are doing this to customers who have been loyal for YEARS

Message 395 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also wrote to Which, I got a response which DID NOT indicate they planned to question O2 or do anything about this except in the distant future. They had a chance to put O2 under real pressure. Anyone else who is a Which member should write.
Message 396 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung 7 Edge I used TUGo at home perfect phone calle text etc. I work around Cornwall so luckily being a BT Internet customer the hot spots are ideal. Ive taken down TuGo got wi fi calling at home with no text of course lol thank you o2. Now when i'm work my BT hot spots don't kick in even if I have wi fi calling switched off in settings I can't keep cancelling my wi fi 4g calling with o2 on daily basis just to get my BT hot spots. Overnight my Samsung 7 Edge has turned into a brick because o2 want to take dow TuGo. I would rip my hair out if I had any

Message 397 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Complaining here is pointless, here is CEO:

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9614

O2 is in organisational meltdown I have concluded, time for the Spanish to get a grip. Their value is bleeding away.
Message 398 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
With TU being ceased at the end of Nov and no current SMS Wifi facility on WIFI calling - when will o2 support Wifi texting ???!!!
Message 399 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions