Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 677

Re: O2 unveils its revolutionary O2 Custom Plans

Yes I've just read @Marjo's response. Therefore I would say the existing customers section should have that added to make it absolutely clear. 

As it stands it is open to misinterpretation. 

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Cheers for your feedback, we'll pass this on. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need any clarifications and we'll pass that on as well. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

@Marjo will this be for those of us on business contracts too or only consumer contracts?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Community Manager

Hey @Glory1, this is currently only for consumer customers. If anything changes we'll let you know. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

Now there's a thought. I read about it at the URL below first though - I shall read further and ruminate on it later, along with all the feedback from the Community here... 👍

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/o2-uk-now-lets-you-build-your-own-custom-mobile-phone-...

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Community Manager

@pgn wrote:

Now there's a thought. I read about it at the URL below first though - I shall read further and ruminate on it later, along with all the feedback from the Community here... 👍

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/o2-uk-now-lets-you-build-your-own-custom-mobile-phone-...

Hey @pgn, if you ruminated on this, what are your thoughts? We'd love to hear your feedback too on the Custom Plans. Smiley Happy

signature

O2 Social Media Team

Hey all,

If you've not yet seen it, here's our brand new Custom Plans TV advert point down

What you think? If you're not familiar with O2's fantastic Custom Plans, in a nut shell, it gives you the power to create a plan that's as custom and personalised as you are. We know "one size fits all" doesn't always fit that well, so Custom Plans lets you create something that's perfectly suited to you.

• Want a 3 month plan? It's yours. A 36 month one, to spread the cost? It's yours. Something in between? It's yours.
  • Want to lower your up-front cost? Done. Want to pay a higher up-front for a lower monthly cost? Done.
  • Whether you're an internet surfing pro, or just an infrequent Facebook lurker, you can choose the monthly data that's pefect for you.
  • Seen a new phone you just need to get, but you're only on month 3 of 36? Just pay off your device plan and upgrade right away.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Only question: manufacturer warranty repair is 2 years, does O2 cover the months after 24 up to 36, or are you "on your own" with a phone you have not fully paid for yet?
Topics: 530

Didn't we ask this already?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

No harm in mentioning it again for the uninitiated. And it is a gap in stretching purchase beyond manufacturer's standard 2-year warranty.

Unless you know of one that does 3-year warranty, or O2's elevated handset price includes an extension of maintenance for the last 12 months of the 36month term (or an insurance that pays off the ourstanding balance on Device Plan.