O2 goes Limitless

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

23420 PD O2 iPhone 1200x450px.jpg

• O2 today unveils its Unlimited Data Consumer plans
  • With tariffs from £33 per month, customers can enjoy carefree data usage on Britain’s best network for coverage1
  • New research shows running out of data ranks in the top 10 of consumer bugbears

There’s no limit to what you can do on O2 following the announcement today that Britain’s best network for coverage1 has launched Unlimited Data plans on its revolutionary Custom Plans and SIM-only contracts.

O2’s Unlimited Data plans will start from just £33 per month for an 18 month SIM-only plan. O2 customers will be able to choose from the latest smartphones and range of 5G ready devices when they select a ‘Limitless’ plan on their terms.

Customers excited about the possibilities of 5G will not have to wait long, with O2 launching its 5th Generation network in October with an unlimited handset tariff option for customers hungry for super-fast data.

The launch coincides with new research2 released by O2 which found that running out of mobile data ranked in the top 10 of “life’s inconveniences” amongst consumers today.

O2’s Unlimited Data Plans

• O2 will launch on selected handsets and SIM-only
  • SIM-only pricing starts at £33 per month for 18 month contracts
  • Available on the latest smartphones and range of 5G ready devices including the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G and Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
  • Unlimited data is also available as part of the Family Plan, including the O2 Family discount as well as O2 Open and O2 Students plans.
  • For more information on O2’s new Unlimited Data plans, including pricing and available handsets, visit https://www.o2.co.uk/

Nina Bibby, Chief Marketing Officer, O2, said: 
“We’re excited to be unveiling our Unlimited Data plans today.  Now there’s no limit to what you can do on O2.  As the customer champion, O2’s mobile plans have always been designed to put customers in control, and with the option of unlimited data on our award winning network, we are now providing our customers with the ultimate choice.”

Customers on O2’s Custom Plans who want to upgrade early from another handset need only pay off the remaining balance of their device plan to stay bang-up-to-date. And by recycling an old device through O2 Recycle, customers can receive a cash payment which can be used toward their upgrade. Customers who want to keep their phone after their device plan comes to an end will only pay for their monthly airtime plan from that point. From 4th October customers on an O2 Custom Plan can also flex up to Unlimited Data plans. Terms and conditions apply, visit o2.co.uk/terms for full details.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news for heavy data users @Chris_K 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Is this only available to new customers. or can existing customers also move tariff to the unlimited option?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Brilliant news and long overdue. Shame I've just changed tariff but I'm happy enough with 25GB.

Message 6 of 10

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
How are people using 15+ GB a month...I mean like what are you downloading to use that much mobile data?
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Netflix, BBC iPlayer & Sky Go. Also powering the laptop so at least 1GB/day sometimes more but I have 20GB with EE too. I have no wifi as I finished Virginmedia a couple of months ago with a view to going back to Thailand in July but plans have changed with a view to a new date towards Christmas time. Things have just got in the way.

When you are home all day with no wifi it's quite easy to get through that much data.

Message 8 of 10

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Is this only available to new customers. or can existing customers also move tariff to the unlimited option?

From the 4th October customers will be able to flex up to an Unlimited Data tariff if they are on a tariff within the same set. Customer will also be able to view in My O2 from the 4th October if they are eligible to move. Unlimited Data customers will also be able to flex down from their unlimited tariff after their first billing month, in line with our standard flexible tariff policies.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 10

Skhodgkiss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To be honest I'm a very heavy data user and I struggle to use 150gb per month, and I always watch films I'm constantly on YouTube and browsing the Internet I also hot-spot my mat who also watches films and is always doing surveys so fo £20 per month for 150gb of data and unlimited texts and minutes I'm very happy and I seriously still had 70gb before my renewal date so there's more than enough and like I said I'm a seriously heavy user very happy with 02 though I cannot recommend them enough.
Message 10 of 10