Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is closing - More info inside

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you use an @o2.co.uk email address you were given previously as part of a broadband or mobile phone package, we’re sorry to tell you that this service is soon coming to an end.

Why?
While some people used these free email accounts, the vast majority didn't, and instead have been using popular other email services like Gmail or Outlook (Hotmail) instead. From 7th June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed and you’ll be unable to send or receive emails using your o2.co.uk account from this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?
We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook. Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account to move them.

Likewise, if you use your O2 email address as your log-in for any online services, like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too. Some customers manage their O2 account from their o2.co.uk email address. If you do too, take a look at www.o2.co.uk/myo2 where you can see your balance, check your bill and get the low down on your account any time you like with My O2.

We’ll be in touch again before June 7th, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

Got any questions or concerns?
Please let us know below – we always welcome and appreciate feedback. If you need more help transferring your emails and contacts, feel free to speak to an O2 Guru - Just check out Live Chat here, or pop into one of our shops.

Remember you can find more info on everything mentioned above here on our website

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 212
211 REPLIES 211

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

EU

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 41 of 212

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Mark

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 43 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Mark

'Fraid not..O2 gods have spoken...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was one of those who didn't get the email last time, but I got it this time.

One question I have is regarding migration to Hotmail. If I use the provided tool/link will it keep the directory structure when it moves the emails over? I know O2 email does not support IMAP so it can't "mirror" my email account... If anyone in the know can tell me I would appreciate it. It will save me from an extremely messy disaster

Crazy

Message 45 of 212

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's very few of us still using o2 email so I'm not sure anyone would know without trying it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 212

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 email was and still is stuck in the early 70s. If you migrate to Hotmail (have to ask the question why?) I doubt very much you would have the same layout. Open a Gmail account for imap and all your folders.

Message 47 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is wrong with Hotmail/Outlook? I actually use both but my Gmail is used for other things and it's easier to keep track this way 😄

Message 48 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't see there will be any problems. I have 2 email addresses. I use Outlook to receive emails from my Bt Internet address and Gmail to get emails from this community forum only. It works well for me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 212

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hotmail/Outlook should be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 50 of 212