cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Our Moderators were last present in words 11/03/2013 why is this ?
Message 241 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not happy about this one bit.

I fundamentally dislike the whole "Sky" product.  Forking out how much money for Premier League rights that I don't watch has to be paid for by someone....guess who that will be now?

The best thing Sky can do is to give O2 customers the right to end their contract without penalty early if they so wish.  The customer should have the right to choose their ISP, no matter the t and c of the O2 contract.  The fallout and bad will from disgruntled O2 customers will only increase if Sky do not let O2 customers leave if they so wish.  One's that do want to stay, that's fine, getting extras like Sky TV, Sky Go etc are great if that's ones cup of tea.

Not for me though, I want out.

Message 242 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol for sure man, all of a sudden I am paying Murdoch.. No thanks, Off for a month next month so switching broadband. I already cancelled all o2 products as well. Not touching o2 with a barge pole after this stuff. 

I also thougt it was funny that people here thought they would get a years free broadband and stuff. lol. Its just generic Sky broadband which they can overload with customers. 

Message 243 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I also thougt it was funny that people here thought they would get a years free broadband and stuff. lol. Its just generic Sky broadband which they can overload with customers. 

Totally wrong, many customers have renewed with a free 12 months contract and will remain on the present O2 network for the foreseeable future.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 244 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

according to the email that arrived from O2 today we are now with Sky!!

" That sale has now gone through. Which means your home broadband and home phone are now officially with Sky" 

and 

You'll be hearing from Sky soon

In the next day or so, you'll get a welcome from Sky. It'll explain how they'll be transferring everyone's broadband and home phone services over to their network, starting this autumn.

Sky better explains what the exact conditions are in that welcome, I can feel a move coming on , for starters I cannot get the unlimited broadband here , only Sky Connect which costs £ 7 more than unlimited for some reason and is capped at 40GB

Message 245 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

according to the email that arrived from O2 today we are now with Sky!!

" That sale has now gone through. Which means your home broadband and home phone are now officially with Sky" 

Until we're told otherwise all services, billing and support will be down to O2.

In your case you might want to check with samknows.com to see if there are any LLU providers at your exchange.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 246 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had the confirmation email from O2 about the move to Sky - so I'm afraid it's goodbye O2, it's been nice knowing you. Sky / Murdoch will not be making money from me.

Looks like I will move to EE, who offer a similar broadband and homephone deal with mobile discount. Currently, £100 cashback via Quidco to move to EE.

Message 247 of 379

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just had the confirmation email from O2 about the move to Sky - so I'm afraid it's goodbye O2, it's been nice knowing you. Sky / Murdoch will not be making money from me.

Looks like I will move to EE, who offer a similar broadband and homephone deal with mobile discount. Currently, £100 cashback via Quidco to move to EE.

Good luck with the move, let us know how you get on with EE.

Message 248 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
When was this email sent? I have checked everything back to 27 April is this a scam email OFT have not published a decision on their website. If it is a scam don't cancel contracts yet
Message 249 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently paying nada, zilch, zero, nothing for my broadband for 12 months.  I phoned up to ask about the sky deal and they offered me the 12 months free retention deal.  Sky will pay £20 million more, apparently, if so many customers are included in the deal so it is in the interests o2 to keep as many customers as possible before the switch.  In fact they credited me with £1.46.  o2 guy said they would start transferring folk in the major cities first possibly starting with London.  He reckoned by the time they got as far as Scotland it would be about 18 months at least.

Message 250 of 379