Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Home Page & Other Improvements

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?

If you noticed a few changes to the Community today, don't worry, it's not your imagination. We're really pleased to officially announce an updated version of our O2 Community Home page! smiling

Many of you have provided valuable feedback about the home page over the past few months and we wanted to say a big thank you! kissing_heart

We have made sure to include as much of it as possible in this version and continue working towards future improvements. Here a short list of changes! 

• The Knowledge Base, which sounded a little too technical, is now called Content created by our Community with its How to Guides and Reviews boards.
  • We have separated Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go boards as per your wishes for clarity when helping with related member queries.
  • O2 Home is no longer at the top of the page (it will be archived anyway later since the service is closing), instead, we have a link to the News board and to the make a new post page at the top.
  • Additionally, you can see a carousel at the top where we can now better highlight interesting info, discussions, member-created guides or device reviews.
  • We have also made some improvements to the mobile experience in general, for example, you should now be able to edit your own posts in the mobile view. thumbsup

Please note also that the Ideas section has now been archived which was also something that was asked about. Thank you very much everyone who posted an idea or voted for one, it's much appreciated!

Please do continue posting and discussing your ideas and feedback in the Feedback board. We do love to hear all you have to say and we make sure all your feedback is shared with O2. slight_smile

Let us know what you think of these changes, and as always, keep your feedback coming.

Thanks!

----- Things noticed so far ----- UPDATES

Things that don’t work as expected:

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply.
  • Full view on mobile: need to press the emojis several times to be able to add to post. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • "Users Online" isn't working. There's no clickable link to see who is online and if you hover over the images they are all N/A. Link to "view all" is missing. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Error when trying to access My O2 on Firefox: "The page isn't redirecting properly"
  • Delays noticed in the Latest Topics section

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Mobile view: Cannot add photos. FIXED

Improvements:

• Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.
  • Make full view default on mobile, as it seems to be more user-friendly and include more options.
  • Edit button should be visible only when the editing window is still open. FIXED
  • Latest Topics section taking a lot of space on home page.

Message 1 of 388
387 REPLIES 387

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36210 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?...

So here is a check, @MercedesS... I shall add Comment in Mobile view, then go to Edit and then Quote and then Post...

[quote removed after the test]

Message 21 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@pgnThe EDIT button disappears when the 90 minute edit time has expired.

Certainly happens on PC and have just checked (on mobile)  a post of mine from first thing this morning and the Edit button is no longer showing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 388

pgn
  • 36210 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Here is a check, @MercedesS... I shall add Comment in Mobile view, then go to Edit and then Quote and then Post...

Gone back to Full view to Quote from my previous... 

Message 23 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Feedback added!!! Thanks so much guys, you are Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 24 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

On mobile now and attempting to add emojis on my first post Bouncy I managed it but using full view and having to press the emojis button 3 times Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 388

pgn
  • 36210 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

On mobile now and attempting to add emojis on my first post Bouncy I managed it but using full view and having to press the emojis button 3 times Bow

Yup, with you there, @Cleoriff

And went to Full mode before replying to your Comment, so I could Quote your Comment and not the parent post... grimacing

tongue_winking

Message 26 of 388

pgn
  • 36210 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Looks like Edit from either Full or Mobile is working fine now.

Still see the "Edit message" button when my edit time period has expired tho. (Mobile view)

Message 27 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks so much for the help!!! @Marjo is creating a list with all, keep it coming! Thanks!

@Marjo wrote:

----- Things mentioned so far -----

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply when editing your post.

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode.

Improvements:

• Mobile view: How about hiding the Edit button when the editing window has closed?
  • Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 28 of 388

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If honest @pgn when I am on mobile and logged in... the first thing I do is press full view. It would be a good idea if that could be set as default (in my opinion)

Full view seems to be more user friendly and gives you more options..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 123128 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Thanks so much for the help!!! @Marjo is creating a list with all, keep it coming! Thanks!

@Marjo wrote:

----- Things mentioned so far -----

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply when editing your post.

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode.

Improvements:

• Mobile view: How about hiding the Edit button when the editing window has closed?

@MercedesSRe the above

Having just tried mobile I can confirm

*I can access emojis fine when in FULL view The only problem is you need to press the emoji button more than once for them to appear

* Also on mobile my edit button disappears after 90 minutes, which is just as it should be.

* Also still on mobile in FULL view I am able to quote your comment without problem...

I stress again... I only ever use FULL view on mobile. Having done that with these posts I am having no issues whatsoever...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 388