Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Home Page & Other Improvements

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?

If you noticed a few changes to the Community today, don't worry, it's not your imagination. We're really pleased to officially announce an updated version of our O2 Community Home page! smiling

Many of you have provided valuable feedback about the home page over the past few months and we wanted to say a big thank you! kissing_heart

We have made sure to include as much of it as possible in this version and continue working towards future improvements. Here a short list of changes! 

• The Knowledge Base, which sounded a little too technical, is now called Content created by our Community with its How to Guides and Reviews boards.
  • We have separated Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go boards as per your wishes for clarity when helping with related member queries.
  • O2 Home is no longer at the top of the page (it will be archived anyway later since the service is closing), instead, we have a link to the News board and to the make a new post page at the top.
  • Additionally, you can see a carousel at the top where we can now better highlight interesting info, discussions, member-created guides or device reviews.
  • We have also made some improvements to the mobile experience in general, for example, you should now be able to edit your own posts in the mobile view. thumbsup

Please note also that the Ideas section has now been archived which was also something that was asked about. Thank you very much everyone who posted an idea or voted for one, it's much appreciated!

Please do continue posting and discussing your ideas and feedback in the Feedback board. We do love to hear all you have to say and we make sure all your feedback is shared with O2. slight_smile

Let us know what you think of these changes, and as always, keep your feedback coming.

Thanks!

----- Things noticed so far ----- UPDATES

Things that don’t work as expected:

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply.
  • Full view on mobile: need to press the emojis several times to be able to add to post. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • "Users Online" isn't working. There's no clickable link to see who is online and if you hover over the images they are all N/A. Link to "view all" is missing. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Error when trying to access My O2 on Firefox: "The page isn't redirecting properly"
  • Delays noticed in the Latest Topics section

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Mobile view: Cannot add photos. FIXED

Improvements:

• Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.
  • Make full view default on mobile, as it seems to be more user-friendly and include more options.
  • Edit button should be visible only when the editing window is still open. FIXED
  • Latest Topics section taking a lot of space on home page.

Message 1 of 388
387 REPLIES 387

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Pale green for solved posts, nice touch. thumbsuprobot

Message 11 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

On mobile view, access to emojis only when in edit, unless you know the runes to type for each one, though. tongue

Message 12 of 388

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Access to emojis only when in edit, unless you know the runes to type for each one, though. tongue

Well you will have to use a PC as my emoji's are always showing @pgn DanceLOL

Even when I edit (like just now) ...cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
And Quote in Edit only brings back the text of the header post, not the Comment that might be the focus of the response...
Message 14 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
And Quote in Edit only brings back the text of the header post, not the Comment that might be the focus of the response...

Like this, done on a mobile, but in the Full view. 

Message 15 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:
Access to emojis only when in edit, unless you know the runes to type for each one, though. tongue

Well you will have to use a PC as my emoji's are always showing @pgn DanceLOL

Even when I edit (like just now) ...cool

I edited my earlier comment to make clear I was using a mobile, thanks, @Cleoriff

Full view shows Quick Reply and Reply buttons, Mobile view "Add Comment" simply drops you to the empty box to type into, which is why Quote in subsequent Edit pulls in the parent, topmost message. 

Workable, but still means you are fishing for Full more often than not. 

@Anonymous I have not checked on @MI5's pet hate, where the reply Subject gets replaced by the first line of text in the text you type... 

Message 16 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

On mobile view, access to emojis only when in edit, unless you know the runes to type for each one, though. tongue

Thanks for all @pgn! Checking, it should be working! Destroy

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 17 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Ah... How about Hiding the Edit button in Mobile View when the grace period for editing a post has expired...? :d

Screenshot_20171228-111216.jpg

Message 18 of 388

pgn
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Ah... How about Hiding the Edit button in Mobile View when the grace period for editing a post has expired...? :d

Screenshot_20171228-111216.jpg

Whoa! 

Oops. When I try to edit a message submitted in Full View, I got told to go away, and was within my allotted 90mon (?) edit time window - error text below:

Screenshot_20171228-111626_01.jpg

Message 19 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

screamscream Let us check this last one @pgn!

About ...

@pgn wrote:

Can you re-check? Works for us sob

Is it possible that, as @Marjo say, the “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread? Don't know

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 20 of 388