Did you mean: 

MyO2 - Now with fingerprint login

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey All,

We know how much many of you love the MyO2 app, and we wanted to let you know about a brand new update that we expect to go live in the app stores today. A new update? So what? We hear you ask. We always say how much we welcome feedback and this new update introduces one of the most requested ‘MyO2’ features you’ve been asking for… Fingerprint login! That’s right, you can forget about PIN’s and passwords – fingerprint login is here. Read on below for everything you need to know.

What’s in it for me?
Fingerprint recognition means you can sign into your MyO2 app quickly and easily - once set up, there’s no need to remember your password or PIN. And since your fingerprint is your own, it’s now more safe and secure than ever. Once you’re in the app, don’t forget you’ll have access to all of the below. Convenience literally at your fingertip:

• Check your latest balance and bill
  • Check your available data
  • Make a payment
  • Add a data or MMs bolt on
  • Check your upgrade date or cost to upgrade right now
  • Change your tariff
  • Unlatch your current device

What devices will fingerprint login work for?
At present the fingerprint login feature supports iPhone 5s and above, and Samsung Galaxy S6 and above. The app should support other Android devices with the 'Marshmallow' update and fingerprint scanning such as the Nexus 5X or 6P - If you have a device not listed, please do give it a try and send us any feedback you may have.

How do you fingerprint login?
Once updated, the app will automatically ask if you want to set fingerprint login up. You can change this settings at any time by going into the main sidebar in the app and selecting ‘Touch ID’ (for iPhone) or 'Fingerprint ID' (for Android).

So, keep your eye peeled and look out for the update landing very soon. Please do give it a go and let us know your thoughts on the new fingerprint login.

Not got the MyO2 app yet? Get it here: http://o2.uk/MyO2

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Depends how friendly your local filling station is.

I remember when a similar sitch occurred in Spain, the local filling station would only serve local Spanish residents !......needless to say no ex-pats went there again when normal service resumed.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 41 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Depends how friendly your local filling station is.

I remember when a similar sitch occurred in Spain, the local filling station would only serve local Spanish residents !......needless to say no ex-pats went there again when normal service resumed.

I remember that one very well. We had a hire car and they refused us, so one of the spanish lads on reception took it and got it filled up.  I know it was different areas of Spain but I think the situation was the same wherever you were....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unmanned 24 hour station near us.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Unmanned 24 hour station near us.

Thats good...as long as they have the petrol in the pumps...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 47

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are we far enough OT yet?
Of course we're not if the fuel pumps have fingerprint access....... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Are we far enough OT yet?
Of course we're not if the fuel pumps have fingerprint access....... wink

Excellent and back on topic to Fingerprint access...(Via the MyPetrol app) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 47

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Nice update, my scanner is now working. Although I still have to login to the community from logging in on the app... I swear that was fixed for like a millisecond a while back?

It'd be really useful if one you've logged into my O2 that it logged u into the community as well!!!
Message 47 of 47