Did you mean: 

Guide: how to upload an image to your post

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Below is a quick step by step guide with screenshots on how you can upload a picture and put it in your post.

You'll need to be registered to the community and logged in to be able to post.

On computer:

1. Open a new post to edit (create a new topic, or a reply to an existing topic)

2. Click on the "Insert/edit image" icon in the text editor bar on top of the post:

Screenshot of step 2

3. Click on "Choose file" to choose the photo you want to upload from your computer. Type the title of the image and then click "Insert image":

Screenshot of step 3

4) The image should now be visible in your post. slight_smile

On mobile:

Our current mobile version does not support image upload, so on mobile, you'll have to switch to full view mode of the forum to be able to add an image from your mobile.

1) Switch to full view mode by scrolling to the bottom of the community homepage, and clicking on "Full":

Screenshot of where to click to full view

2) Open a new post to edit (create a new topic, or a reply to an existing topic)

3) Similarly to the desktop version, you can open the"Insert/edit image" popup box by clicking on this icon in the text editor bar in a new post:

Screenshot of step 2 on mobile

3. Click on "Choose file" to choose the photo you want to upload from your mobile. Type the title of the image and then click "Insert image":

Screenshot of step 3 for mobile

4. The image should now be visible in your post. slight_smile

After the image has been uploaded, you'll be able to see it in your own image gallery. So when you want to post the same picture again in another post, you can click on the "from my own gallery" tab in the insert image popup, and choose from there. (Cheers @Mi-Amigo for the tip!)

It's also possible to copy-paste an image that has already been uploaded elsewhere on the internet, into your post (thanks @Cleoriff for the tip!). See instructions in the next post here. This will not add it to your own gallery, however, and be mindful also that if the image gets deleted from its source on the internet, it might then also disappear from your topic.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional thoughts for how-to guides related to forum features specifically, it would be great to hear your suggestions so we can build a list of guide ideas! These are the ones we currently have:

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

And there is a size limitation, approx 3072KB (3MB), I think... I tried to upload a photo today, but was told at 3465KB, it was too big.... 

A bit of tweaking in my OP 6T's gallery brought the filesizes down sufficiently, (Y)our Photos topic if you're interested. 

Good writeup, most helpful.

Message 11 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

LOL it posted it 6 times rofl

Message 12 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
And there is a size limitation, approx 3MB, I think... I tried to upload a photo today, but was told at 3465MB, it was too big.... Going to see if I can crack that now, actually (working from a smartphone).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vinson.shrinker&hl=en

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I noticed you posted it 6 times @Poppysmum . Well done anyway LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I noticed you posted it 6 times @Poppysmum . Well done anyway LOL

I dont know how i managed that slight_smile

Message 15 of 23

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I can guess tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@pgn wrote:
And there is a size limitation, approx 3MB, I think... I tried to upload a photo today, but was told at 3465MB, it was too big.... Going to see if I can crack that now, actually (working from a smartphone).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vinson.shrinker&hl=en

I'll give that a shot shortly, thanks @MI5. I also use online tools occasionally, Photo Zippy Stitcher (or similar) for merging photos and reducing size without much noticeable loss in quality. 

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a brill little app @pgn. I wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Cor that is a cute pic well done even though it is 6 times! @Poppysmum 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 23

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I can guess tongue

i add to press ctlr+ v must have worked first time but i didnt know and kept trying wink

Message 20 of 23