Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 25: Hard Hitter

Re: Excited for the new Samsung Galaxy? :)

Hi @Marjo

They look very enticing ~

but I wouldn't like the price though smiling

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

No question @TallTrees they're going to be very expensive but I prefer Samsung to most other 'brands', so will probably go with it, in spite of the price. Subject, of course, to what it will cost me per month. If it's not too much of an increase on my present monthly bill, which is fairly pricey as I have 2 accounts with O2: my phone and mobile broadband.

Still for me, as I use my phone for everything I do online as well as my games, it'll be worth it. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 677

And still nowhere near the price of the iPhones. So Samsung for me all day long...wink

*The Game Is On*

[ Edited ]

Hello @Glory1

If I only wished to use a mobile phone then I would buy the best (not iphone)

as you know I like Samsung so I would be there ~ with you ~ absolutely yahoo

I think the future is mobile broadband ~ I use it too much to go mobile, yet and have a Dell Computer best I could afford ~ I update my computer about 3 years ~ I use a large screen 17" and have  home phone and broadband.  Never use home phone (guess why ~ scammers) now love my mobile and it is much better too.  I hate my home phone but need it for computer wifi.

When at home, of course, the mobile phone picks up the wifi so not using my mobile broadband.

Often use phone to look up interesting things whilst "sort of" watching  TV.

Will be changing my mobile later in year when no longer supported to ??? yes SamsungFantastic

Edited by me to remember to say would prefer a phone with the headphone jack as I can the use when someone else in room. Thanks!

@TallTrees

Samsung is a great choice to change to in my opinion. Since I was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of smartphones a few years back, I have always had Samsung. So easy to use.

Like you I have a pc...and actually prefer to use that for things such as posting here, online shopping etc... wink

*The Game Is On*

[ Edited ]

I don't have a landline, hence mobile broadband which I need for my Kindle @TallTrees. I couldn't see having a landline and paying line rental when I make so few calls. I use email, Whatsapp and Skype to keep in touch with friends. And my mobile is perfect for the odd phone call I do make.

I'm so used to using my phone for everything I do online, I don't really miss using a computer. I tend to think of my phone as a portable computer, which is exactly how I use it wink

Edited to add: By the way @TallTrees there are scammers on mobiles as well as landline telephones. So you have to be careful, whichever you use. One is no safer than the other in that regard.

Landlines will probably be a thing of the past @Glory1

Mobile phones are so versatile ~ 

wonderful mini computers ~ remarkable.

Scammers everywhere regrettably ~ so true Glory1

My details were out with the TalkTalk data breach

2015/2016 name address telephone number etc.~ terrible, phone never stopped ringing ~ had to deal with it, nightmare.

I do try to be very careful 

Thank you Glory1 from TallTrees

I do have a landline and it comes in useful on a few occasions when the network is down

I also have many calls from the hospital and it's a well known fact it's cheaper for them to ring a landline than a mobile. (still doing my bit for the NHS you see) wink

My husband plays bowls and is a team captain. Many of the team (elderly) don't have mobiles and prefer to ring landlines.

(Which is a bit annoying as our landline is next to me... so often I am acting as his blumming secretary. joy

*The Game Is On*

Landlines are pretty much a thing of the past already @TallTrees. Most people I know have a landline 'hub' purely for wifi and use their mobiles for all their calls.

I'm just the oddity who uses her phone for online shopping, browsing and entering the forum as well.

I remember the Talk Talk data breach and sorry to hear you were one of the poor souls whose information went out into the wide world. I presume you changed your number to reduce the phone calls but still it must have been a nightmare.

Topics: 547

I had to have a landline for the lifeline I wear around my neck otherwise I would use mobile broadband. However, my son in Berlin gets free international calls to a landline so it comes in handy for that. If anyone asks hat my landline number is though, I haven't a clue! worried