Did you mean: 

Excited for the new Samsung Galaxy? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Rumour has it that Samsung will be releasing the next Galaxy soon... Are you looking forward to this one? Happy Dance 

News and tech sites are already speculating about what its features could be. Until we know about it in more detail from the Samsung Unpacked event, which takes place on 20th February, see below some of the impressive rumours we've seen so far about the Samsung Galaxy S10 range!

Let us know what other cool things you've read about it so far, and what you think of these potential features? slight_smile Is there anything specific you're really looking forward to?

Three versions and an in-screen fingerprint scanner

“…Samsung now appears to finally be ready to launch its hotly-anticipated in-screen fingerprint reader with the Galaxy S10 range.”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-1_0 (1).jpg

A dual, triple or quad-lens rear camera

“the biggest (and most expensive) version of the Samsung Galaxy S10 would have a triple-lens camera.”

Source: Tech Radar

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-2_1.jpg 

A new design

“The cheapest could have a flat display”

“Samsung has teased the Galaxy S10 will have a markedly different design from its predecessors, and rumors suggest it'll come in the form of a bezel-free Infinity-O screen with a cutout in the panel for the front-facing camera.”

Source: Tom’s Guide

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-3_0.jpg 

New colour options

“…we could be looking at green, black… colour options for the Galaxy S10.”

Source: Tech Advisor

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-4_0.jpg 

Different cameras for difference models

“According to Ice Universe, the multiple camera systems will breakdown as such ~

Galaxy S10 Lite: one front-facing camera, two rear cameras

Galaxy S10: one front-facing camera, three rear cameras

Galaxy S10 Plus: two front-facing cameras, three rear cameras”

Source: T3

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-5_0.jpg 

Impressive specs

“RAM:

S10 Lite: 6GB RAM

S10: 6GB RAM

S10+: 6GB RAM

Source: InfoSurHoy

samsung-galaxy-2019-rumours-page-overview-slice-6_0.jpg

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo

They look very enticing ~

but I wouldn't like the price though smiling

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 38

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No question @TallTrees they're going to be very expensive but I prefer Samsung to most other 'brands', so will probably go with it, in spite of the price. Subject, of course, to what it will cost me per month. If it's not too much of an increase on my present monthly bill, which is fairly pricey as I have 2 accounts with O2: my phone and mobile broadband.

Still for me, as I use my phone for everything I do online as well as my games, it'll be worth it. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And still nowhere near the price of the iPhones. So Samsung for me all day long...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 38

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Glory1

If I only wished to use a mobile phone then I would buy the best (not iphone)

as you know I like Samsung so I would be there ~ with you ~ absolutely yahoo

I think the future is mobile broadband ~ I use it too much to go mobile, yet and have a Dell Computer best I could afford ~ I update my computer about 3 years ~ I use a large screen 17" and have  home phone and broadband.  Never use home phone (guess why ~ scammers) now love my mobile and it is much better too.  I hate my home phone but need it for computer wifi.

When at home, of course, the mobile phone picks up the wifi so not using my mobile broadband.

Often use phone to look up interesting things whilst "sort of" watching  TV.

Will be changing my mobile later in year when no longer supported to ??? yes SamsungFantastic

Edited by me to remember to say would prefer a phone with the headphone jack as I can the use when someone else in room. Thanks!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees

Samsung is a great choice to change to in my opinion. Since I was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of smartphones a few years back, I have always had Samsung. So easy to use.

Like you I have a pc...and actually prefer to use that for things such as posting here, online shopping etc... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I don't have a landline, hence mobile broadband which I need for my Kindle @TallTrees. I couldn't see having a landline and paying line rental when I make so few calls. I use email, Whatsapp and Skype to keep in touch with friends. And my mobile is perfect for the odd phone call I do make.

I'm so used to using my phone for everything I do online, I don't really miss using a computer. I tend to think of my phone as a portable computer, which is exactly how I use it wink

Edited to add: By the way @TallTrees there are scammers on mobiles as well as landline telephones. So you have to be careful, whichever you use. One is no safer than the other in that regard.

Message 16 of 38

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Landlines will probably be a thing of the past @Glory1

Mobile phones are so versatile ~ 

wonderful mini computers ~ remarkable.

Scammers everywhere regrettably ~ so true Glory1

My details were out with the TalkTalk data breach

2015/2016 name address telephone number etc.~ terrible, phone never stopped ringing ~ had to deal with it, nightmare.

I do try to be very careful 

Thank you Glory1 from TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I do have a landline and it comes in useful on a few occasions when the network is down

I also have many calls from the hospital and it's a well known fact it's cheaper for them to ring a landline than a mobile. (still doing my bit for the NHS you see) wink

My husband plays bowls and is a team captain. Many of the team (elderly) don't have mobiles and prefer to ring landlines.

(Which is a bit annoying as our landline is next to me... so often I am acting as his blumming secretary. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 38

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Landlines are pretty much a thing of the past already @TallTrees. Most people I know have a landline 'hub' purely for wifi and use their mobiles for all their calls.

I'm just the oddity who uses her phone for online shopping, browsing and entering the forum as well.

I remember the Talk Talk data breach and sorry to hear you were one of the poor souls whose information went out into the wide world. I presume you changed your number to reduce the phone calls but still it must have been a nightmare.

Message 19 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I had to have a landline for the lifeline I wear around my neck otherwise I would use mobile broadband. However, my son in Berlin gets free international calls to a landline so it comes in handy for that. If anyone asks hat my landline number is though, I haven't a clue! worried

Message 20 of 38