Did you mean: 

Community Team Update

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

It is with a very heavy heart that I must announce that I’ll soon be leaving my role as the head of this brilliant community.

I’ve been here for 5 years (or half a decade, as it sounds more impressive) and some of you will remember those very early days as I do (hopefully fondly :smileywink:).

We’ve done so much together; Amazing advice between and to other customers, Try The Tech, Virtual Interviews, BETA testing products, creating amazing how-to guides (Some used by our customer service teams) and some of the best reviews this company has even seen. Your insights and comments have helped shape O2 in so many ways and there’s never been a dull day with you lovely lot either, so thank you :).

Martin and Marjo will be staying on and will continue putting 100% into their work as they always have and I’ll still be online for a few months to ensure that my replacement is fully ready to take everything over and to shepherd the community into even more great things. More info on that to come very shortly.

I’ll still be doing the same kind of job but in a new place. I’ve loved my time here, but its time for something new after 5 years.

PM me any time in the next few months as I’ll still be around to make sure everything runs smoothly. I’m sure I’ll pop in as a guest from time to time too.

So, until we speak again; Aufedersein guys :). Not going anywhere right now, but I wanted to make a post to say goodbye!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

<soto voce> He's gone!! Woohoo, let's throw a party!!! LOL </soto voce> 😛

Nah, seriously, gutted to see you going @Toby. Having been actively involved with lots of online communities, even managing a large one myself for a period, you're by far one of the best community heads I've come across, and will be a sad loss to O2 and the customers on here. 😞

Wishing you all the best for the future mate, I'm sure you'll carry on doing great things wherever you are. slight_smile

Now, did somebody mention a party? CheersSmiley LOL

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 2 of 51

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck for the future.
You are our 3rd scalp 😛
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 51

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Wishing you all the best Toby. Can you give us a clue where you are going?:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the great times here @Toby & good luck in your future 

Message 5 of 51

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Wow. Sorry to see you go, but agree every so often you need a change and a new challenge.
Good luck and no doubt you will be missed here and welcome there!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 51

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As they say onwards and upwards

You will be missed

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 51

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

SORRY to see you go but do you remember one of my PMS saying I will be here long after you are gone....joking mate, just when we had an understanding! LOL

Good luck in your new future @Toby I really wish you well , 5 years eh? Seems more like 10 but you must do whatever you think is best for your future but you leave some friends behind wink

Message 8 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

all the best @Toby in your new adventures

Message 9 of 51

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie we have not done 10 years yet lol

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 51