Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Pgn

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for a new Community Spotlight bulb This time, we'll be focusing on a member who has been on this forum since 2012, and started being very active across all the boards since last year. His contributions are always greatly appreciated, whether they're in off-topic or in help threads. I give you ...

... Pgn !

I asked him a few questions to help you get to know him a bit more, but if you're curious about anything else feel free to ask in the comments slight_smile

What’s your name and where are you from?

Greg's my name, Derry's my hame (but a spell in Scotland years ago has tarnished my speech a touch - look it up!).  Oh yes, some call it Derry, some call it Londonderry - it's up in the north-west of Ireland.

What brought you to the forum?

Apparently, I registered with the Community in 2012, but my first post was in 2014: a reply to someone about problems getting a VAT invoice online.  I guess I needed a VAT invoice and couldn't get one.

What do you like the most about the Community?

There's a core group of wonderful guys'n'gals here who look out for each other, and any of them is always keen to answer a newcomer's query. Competition for whose answer is the right one tends to run high, though...  The monthly Awards are a bonus, but it'd be nice to be able to save them up and apply them to a PAYG account to maximise the Top-up benefits (so my kids tell me!).

Tea or coffee, and how do you take it?

Tea in the morning, either a light Earl Grey or PG Tips with milk. Coffee at 11-ish. Tea for the rest of the day is always taken on the light-side, with milk.  And a sit-in (!) Costa flat white with a slice of Belgian Caramel Shortbread on a Saturday before or after having wiggled a wonky-wheeled trolley through Tesco...

Apple, Android or Windows?

Android phone, Windows PC or laptop. Apples are for keeping the Doctor away!

What would you do if you ever won the lottery?

Pay off the mortgage, fix the house up and go on a holiday with the family, all in short order.

What’s the one food you would never give up?

Baked vanilla cheesecake! And Cadbury's Flake. But not at the same time.

You’re stuck at home on a rainy day - which movie do you watch?

Any animated kids' movie - Wall-E, Rango, Hotel Transylvania, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Ice Age, Over the Hedge... want me to go on?

Cats, dogs, hamsters … do you have any pets?

An 11-month old German Shepherd and a 2.5 year old chocolate Lab. And a cat, who rules the roost.

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

Wearable, unobtrusive tech. Talking to my phone to tell it to who to call. Letting the phone handle the drudge of appointment-making... I really want to see the first truly electronic "newspaper", that I can fold up or roll up and put in my back pocket or unfurl and read or watch films as and where I want, even at the beach without worrying about the sand, sea, sun or sun cream damaging it.

Any hobbies besides this Community?

Oooh... now you're askin'...!  I read - the basic Kindle's quite good for that, any place, anywhere... but that electronic newspaper's gonna be a real winner!  

Thanks again @pgn, and have a lovely weekend everyone Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Your younger daughter's not a bad photographer @pgn. Does she take after you?

Btw, a bit slow today. Just got the names of your cats, Sugar and Spice. Love it 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 44

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Your younger daughter... Does she take after you?

No. She's out jogging, before we go shopping in a while. 

Not like me at all Astounded

Message 32 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So you're not a jogger @pgn? I'm with you on that. I didn't jog when I had 2 good legs 🤣
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 33 of 44

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
So you're not a jogger @pgn? I'm with you on that. I didn't jog when I had 2 good legs 🤣

Walking is OK, I suspect I'd fall butt over appetite if I went jogging on a forest trail like she does. 

Message 34 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I'm with you there!

I was however often told to 'jog on!' 😂😂

Message 35 of 44

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Most but not all

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/it-true-most-ginger-cats-are-male

Same way tortoiseshell cats are usually female. Though not all...lol

To every rule there is at least on exception. Even that one yahoo

Message 36 of 44

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm with you there!

I was however often told to 'jog on!' 😂😂

Yep, and "jog off" too yahoo

Message 37 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

& will you post a pic of your cat(s) as well ... & let us know their names please? cat

Only one cat around tonight, Spice. Her whiter sister, Sugar, abides elsewhere this eve again, it appears. Fickle or what ? CatIMG-20180608-WA0000__01.jpg

Lovely cat @pgn ... a good photo Cat Very Happy

Do your 2 cats & your dogs all get along together?

Thank you for answering my question about pgn being your initials slight_smile

Message 38 of 44

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lovely cat @pgn ... a good photo Cat Very Happy

Do your 2 cats & your dogs all get along together?

Thank you for answering my question about pgn being your initials slight_smile

Both cats got on well with our old Labrador Retriever, and when we got the chocolate Lab as a pup, they were all OK... But when the old fella had to be put down about 18months ago, the whiter cat, Sugar, decided she was not going to put up with the chocolate lad on his own.Cat Mad

Spice, the cute one in the pic, puts up with both of the dogs we have now when indoors, but either dog will chase her if she's out in the garden - stoopid mutts. She invariably returns a few minutes later, though.Don't know

I think a couple of others had already deduced the initials thing... Too sharp for their own good, sometimes wink

Message 39 of 44

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@pgn  Nice one. Loved reading about you more. Sorry for late reply.

👍

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 40 of 44