Did you mean: 

Alcatel 3T 10 Tablet is now available!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

Good news: the new Alcatel 3T 10 Tablet is now available on O2, and you can get one here in Prime Black! The tablet comes with in-built Google Assistant and Audio Station, so you can dock your tablet and enjoy crystal clear sound. Face Key means your passwords and documents are for your eyes only

Alcatel 3T 10 TabletAlcatel 3T 10 TabletAlcatel 3T 10 TabletAlcatel 3T 10 Tablet

Make it your hub

The Alcatel 3T 10 is more than just a tablet. It comes with an Audio Station in the box, so you can make it the hub of your home. Hosting a party? Pop on some tunes and get dancing. Planning a movie night? Dock your tablet to enjoy clearer sound. You can use the Audio Station as a Bluetooth speaker, or connect to it through the 3.5mm auxiliary port. And with up to seven hours of battery life between charges, you won’t be rushing to find a power outlet.

Bring movies to life

Got half an hour free before you need to pick up the kids? Or want to fill a train journey with something more interesting than social media? Grab your Alcatel 3T 10 and get stuck into a new movie or TV series. It’s got a 10 inch screen and powerful dual speakers that’ll bring the action to life.

Get a helping hand from Google

Play your favourite song, create a to-do list, or get step-by-step recipe instructions – all without tapping or typing. The Alcatel 3T 10 comes with Google Assistant built in, to help your day run more smoothly. And it’s voice activated, so you won’t have to lift a finger.

Keep it secure with face recognition

From banking details to passwords, your tablet can hold all kinds of stuff you wouldn’t want getting into the wrong hands. That’s why the Alcatel 3T 10 has Face Key. It recognises your face, so you can be confident your tablet is for your eyes only. And since it unlocks at a glance, it’s a quick and secure way to access your tablet.

What do you think about this tablet and are any of you planning to get it? Any specific features you like (how about that Audio Station?)? Let us know in the comments! slight_smile

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

ScottishStoic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got one of these as part of a deal with my new phone contract, and to be honest, it's a bit of a mixed bag.

• POSITIVES
  1. The Audio Station is great. You can charge the tablet straight through the station, the sound quality is great (I connect it with my phone or my tablet, depending on what I'm doing.
  2. The tablet is a good size, nice screen resolution, pretty responsive to touch, and even without the Audio Station you get decent sound quality.

As a hub for streaming audio & video on a wifi connection, this is pretty good at a low price.

• NEGATIVES
  1. Tiny internal memory. Once I had downloaded all the apps I wanted (not nearly as many as on my phone) I was left with 4GB internal memory. If you're looking to download video etc for offline viewing, this is going to run out fast...
  2. The apps available for the tablet do not play well with SD cards. To get around the low internal memory, I added a 32GB SD card. However, the vast majority of apps which require a lot of storage do not allow you to use external storage, unlike their equivalent versions on an Android phone. For example, neither Amazon Prime Video nor Amazon Kindle on this tablet give you the option of downloading to the SD card, whereas I can do so on my phone. Other apps have the same problem. You can get round this by moving apps to the SD card, however...
  3. Some apps disappear after reboot, especially if they were moved to the SD card. The Netflix app is particularly bad for this. I've installed it and moved to the SD card. After reboot, all that is left is a broken app symbol. So I installed it to the internal memory. It vanishes after reboot. Same with Wordpress. You have to download and install them both again. For the Kindle app, if you move it to the SD card not only does it vanish, but you can't reinstall it as it claims there is an incompatible version installed by another user on the app. You need to completely reformat the SD card before you can install it again.

For on the move checking of email, websites, and streaming of low quality or short video (if you have a good data allowance) this is good, but if you want to access streaming video services without rinsing out your data allowance then the low internal memory and inconsistent ability to use external memory will really hamper you.

Message 3 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @ScottishStoic just came across your post. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about this tablet! Interesting to learn more about the apps/SD card, I had never heard of that one before. Good to hear there's a workaround though in case anyone is having the same problem and wondering about it in the future on here.  thumbsup 

You've kind of posted a mini-review here by the way. grin Not sure if you've noticed, but we have an actual community device reviews section here. Let me know if you have any interest in making your post into an actual community review and I can help get you started! thumbsup 

Message 4 of 6

ScottishStoic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Marjo, I didn't know there was a review section. I actually only found this post when searching online to see if any one else had the same issue I did and had any solutions to it!

If there's no review of the tablet on there already sure, I'm happy to provide one. It might need a little rewrite as over all I am actually happy with the tablet, and once I get a WiFi connection sorted out at home the issue with the memory won't really be relevant any longer.
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome, thanks @ScottishStoic , Bouncy

Llet me drop you a PM shortly with some info on the review process. slight_smile

Message 6 of 6