Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare Porting my Number

MrBloggs99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay Monthly mobile sim switch from virgin Mobile to O2 has been a total nightmare- I had a virgin media package that included my virgin mobile sim , i was due for renewal and offered a package bundle which means you’re not eligible for a virgin SIM- but it included an O2 instead, I WAS TOLD THE O2 SIM WOULD COME ALREADY PORTED OVER TO MY OLD VIRGIN NUMBER TOO- EVERYTHING SEEMS GREAT!

SO I CHANGED MY PACKAGE -got a sim delivered on sat 11th June from 02 put it in phone IT HAS A NEW NUMBER WITH O2 so i gave o2 my PAC code to keep virgin number- this was done on a sat 11th June - number was supposed to be ported by 6pm tues 14th June (never happened) rang them and they said it will definitely be wed 15th ( never happened), i cant receive texts or sims messages- THUR 16th June still no calls or texts- Friday 17th June- still nothing-by this time i am really fed up!

FRIDAY 17TH i tell O2 to cancel my contract, they give me a PAC code as they said my number from virgin was ported and it now belongs to 02. ( this took all day by the way speaking to numerous people and using there support chat on my o2 account ( load of rubbish ) it was no easy task!

Also Friday i ring virgin media and tell them i cancelled my O2 Mobile contract i am not happy with there service and bla bla about my phone number not porting- THEY CANCEL THE PACKAGE, and i am now on another package that was the original package i was on, but IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A VIRGIN MOBILE SIM I HAVE TO SET THAT UP MYSELF.

Also Fri 17th- I RING VIRGIN MOBILE
I told them what had happened with o2-they said i was still a virgin customer my number was never ported to o2 - ok-I was due for my contract to end today but she will set up a new 12 month sim contract with virgin mobile for me - and i still have my phone number-I'm a happy customer NOTE they don't need a PAC code as they say number was never ported to o2 ALL SORTED I THINK!

But no wait- i gets an email off 02 with PAC code and telling me i need to pay £170.23 to cancel contract with them and my number will be ported back to virgin when the PAC code is activated

So Rings 02 to tell them i am paying Nothing and the said i cant take my phone number back to virgin until they have activated my PAC code as my number is now an 02 number and belongs to them.

are you with me

I rings virgin mobile back and tell them what O2 said and they said no, the number belongs to us and we don't need a PAC CODE- OMG! i am going round in circles at this point i ring back o2 say JUST CANCLE CONTRACT and i am just waiting to see now what happens with my phone .HOPING I DONT LOSE MY NUMBER! And hoping O2 have canceled this contract, as i have not received any confirmation, I HAVE CANCELED DD. 

The Morrel of the story is Virgin set this contract up and then i just get left to deal with this nightmare aftermath Of O2. And O2 can't  port Number's properly and every time you ring them there solution is reboot your phone. 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

ChloeJayde
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Breanna 

Message 11 of 58

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 12 of 58

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @ChloeJayde I will send you a private message to assist you .

signature
Message 13 of 58

jrt1973
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a similar problem Porting/Migrating my Pay Monthly SIM only O2 number that I've had for many years to a newish O2 Pay Monthly SIM which is the Virgin Volt unlimited one.

I've been paying for both, as I was under contract still on my main account until last week.

I was told I didn't need a PAC code or serve 30 days notice as it was an internal "migration", as I'm now out of contract, and that my long held old number would be transferred to the newer SIM, that I've only had since February. 

I've spoken to 8 people, plus Customer Care, plus 2 managers, plus 2 long webchats, and even had two credits put on my account (no idea which one as they aren't visible), and it's now been a week that I've been carrying two phones around, waiting for this to happen.

I've periodically turned off both phones, removed the SIMS and reinserted them, but nothing has changed, and I still have two O2 numbers and two My O2 accounts.

Surely porting one O2 number to another O2 one is done all the time?

I'm always told it has been re-requested, it will take up to 24 hours, but a day passes and it's still shown on the system as "pending".

I'm not going to change my number. I just want to close one account that is out of contract and port the number to my other O2 account.

I've even been told by the latest webchat adviser not to contact O2 anymore, as they will personally check after 24 hours to make sure it has been processed, and take steps accordingly if it's stuck again.

I don't know what else to do. I can't cancel the Volt one as I'm only 6 months into an 18 month contract, and want to keep that account as it has unlimited data, compared to the 80GB on my main account.

Why can't the number just be transferred?

Thankyou anybody out there who can help me!

Message 14 of 58

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36064 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Hi @jrt1973 - re the delay in porting your old number to your new SIM, I think you could benefit from some help from a Forum O2 Advisor - none here today as it is a Sunday, but @O2Ryan is on from 9am Monday and will send you a PM here to get your details privately. On mobile, tap on your avatar top-right, then choose Messages to read your PMs:

Screenshot_20220810-180825.png

Meanwhile, your credits should be visible in your web MyO2 ( https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin ), by navigating to the View and Download Bill page as described here ( Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? ) and then looking at this section here:

Screenshot_20220704-102546.png

You should see credits appearing as a negative value there, until they come off your bill when it is next issued. Good luck!

Message 15 of 58

jrt1973
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou very much, I'm most grateful.

I used the print bill method as you very helpfully detailed above, and the second credit had been applied to the new account. 

No sign of the first one though on either account!

I'll wait to hear from Ryan. Thanks

Message 16 of 58

jrt1973
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I didn't receive a message from @O2Ryan yesterday.

I'm on holiday at the weekend and really want to have this sorted this week.

Can someone help me with porting my number?

Thanks

Message 17 of 58

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa would you mind taking a look at @jrt1973's migration issue here?

Message 18 of 58

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Breanna of course I can.

@jrt1973 I’ll message you privately and get this sorted for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123032 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Breanna wrote:

Hi @O2Lisa would you mind taking a look at @jrt1973's migration issue here?

@Breanna  would you mind checking out why those who are supposedly on rota, fail to respond when tagged? Thanks. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 58