Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 address data base gives wrong address

cla
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am a virgin customer have joined o2 can't get volt to work as automatic address database give Southwick as East Sussex it is in West Sussex which is what my virgin address gives. Checked several times but can't do anything. Anyone had  this problem or know if its even worth trying to get it changed by spending a couple of hours waiting on the phone will they be able to do it? any ideas  welcomed

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cla
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

well I got this sorted O2Lisa was back an forth over the day gut in the end said this would take 14 days to sort. so I investigated virgin account had not been updated to volt now that's done even with the incorrect address problem its all working I can see the volt data doubling. so I was on char with both O2 and virgin most of the day!  like walking through treacle. So glad I came here as it got things moving thanks

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @cla - If you live in a new property and your address or postcode is not recognised, Royal Mail may not have activated your postcode. To activate your postcode, you need to contact Royal Mail directly on 08456 011110 or via their website.

In your case, it appears your address is known differently in VM than in O2's database - I'll tag one of the O2 account advisors on the forum, @O2Lisa should be on around 8am, perhaps she can get your details amended (it does happen, from time to time, @Martin-O2, the Forum manager and I have queried such address mismatches, and guidance from O2 was unavailable at that time. Also the daily advisor rota needs updated for today and tomorrow, @Martin-O2 - if it is not Lisa from 8am today, please advise accordingly, thanks!)

Keep an eye out for a message from Lisa around 8am. Good luck.

Message 2 of 12

cla
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks it looks like that to me I really appreciate you getting back as Ive been on phone and just run out of time! 

Message 3 of 12

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @pgn.

I'll message you privately and look in to this for you @cla slight_smile

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

cla
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thank you, very much appreciated

Message 5 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks, @O2Lisa - hope there was something you could do to help @cla with this "Compu'er says No!" situation, a real Catch-22!

little-britain-computer-says-no.gif

Message 6 of 12

cla
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

well @O2Lisa Im still here waiting to see if you can get this sorted

Message 7 of 12

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@cla 

Hope you got this all sorted.

Sorry to hear of the troubles you were facing.

Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6258 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

My address was slightly different. Managed to change the O2 one via My O2 to reflect Virgin

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

cla
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

well I got this sorted O2Lisa was back an forth over the day gut in the end said this would take 14 days to sort. so I investigated virgin account had not been updated to volt now that's done even with the incorrect address problem its all working I can see the volt data doubling. so I was on char with both O2 and virgin most of the day!  like walking through treacle. So glad I came here as it got things moving thanks

Message 10 of 12