Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock old phone no sim

carpman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my wife has an old galaxy s6 she was given by work when they upgraded her to a new phone which uses same sim and phone number as old phone, we now want to give it to our nephew, but it is locked to O2.

Your unlock form says to enter the phone number, but given the sim and number are on a new phone I am not sure how this will work?

How can we unlock this phone?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Provided the SIM is in another phone they will send the unlock code via the details on that account. You can then enter them into the phone you wish to unlulock

See the community guide for more info

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Provided the SIM is in another phone they will send the unlock code via the details on that account. You can then enter them into the phone you wish to unlulock

See the community guide for more info

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

carpman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok i have looked at the form, but it does not make sense as i cannot complete it as I have never had an O2 account?

It was an old work phone given to me?

I can't add it to the My O2 account section as it is an old work, and the sim number are in the current work phone, i of course can't add this as it is a works account not mine.

The business form asks for last bill which don't have as it sim number bill are paid for by work.

I can't access web chat as it is down?

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

As per the guide, you need to get or use someone's O2 sim.

Once you have done this and registered the phone on the network, you can ask for the unlock code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4