Did you mean: 

o2's usage of my personal data in store

anabelleshelley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have been wondering about the access to my personal data that o2 employees might possibly have in store.

This may sound strange but I had a dream that someone went into an o2 store and pretended to be me and gave my number to the employee to get my address and it had me thinking, do o2 in store colleagues have access to view this information whenever they want?

Also, I have recently changed my phone number, so is my old number still linked to my personal details or will those details be wiped and only associated with my new number?

Thanks so much for your help with answering my strange question!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@anabelleshelley

There are strict rules in store (not just o2), such as GDPR, Data Protection, and PCI which prevents staff accessing information such as Addresses (things known as PII (Personal Identifiable Information) data). And o2 would text you in store, to confirm its you, or ask for ID, such as Driving License or Passport etc.

THey would also not give out your address to anyone, just because they gave them your number..

Your old number will go back into the pool in around 6months or so, so will be reused.
All other information, around your account will be held for up to 7 years depending on the legal requirements.

Hope this helps.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@anabelleshelley

There are strict rules in store (not just o2), such as GDPR, Data Protection, and PCI which prevents staff accessing information such as Addresses (things known as PII (Personal Identifiable Information) data). And o2 would text you in store, to confirm its you, or ask for ID, such as Driving License or Passport etc.

THey would also not give out your address to anyone, just because they gave them your number..

Your old number will go back into the pool in around 6months or so, so will be reused.
All other information, around your account will be held for up to 7 years depending on the legal requirements.

Hope this helps.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

anabelleshelley
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh, thanks so much for your response - very helpful information indeed!

Message 3 of 3