Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network locking

NDNMC01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son, also an 02 Customer. has given me his iphone 12 which he has factory reset. I don't know if it is locked to any network provider as resetting does not change that. The IMEI is [removed], can you check if it is locked to the 02 network please? Norman [removed]

[mod edit: as these posts are publicly viewable we've removed some of the sensitive details. Thanks 😊]

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37571 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1708 Solutions

All phones since 2018 were not tied to a particular network, so you should be good to go with your 2020-vintage iPhone 12, @NDNMC01 - and flagged to remove your imei, which could be used by ne'er-do-wells to block your phone.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 37571 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1708 Solutions

All phones since 2018 were not tied to a particular network, so you should be good to go with your 2020-vintage iPhone 12, @NDNMC01 - and flagged to remove your imei, which could be used by ne'er-do-wells to block your phone.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147896 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28368 Solutions

@NDNMC01 

Go to Settings >General >About and scroll down to Network Provider Lock.

If unlocked it will say No Sim Restriction but if locked will show a network name.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

NDNMC01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wish I could delete it but no delete option........

Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 37571 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1708 Solutions

@NDNMC01 wrote:

Wish I could delete it but no delete option........

Reported again for a moderator to deal with it, editing a post after about 90mins is not possible by the author, @NDNMC01.

Message 5 of 5