Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was I misled? PAC / Porting my number to O2 from Three

PaulRed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to get your opinions on an issue I have encountered during the recent transfer of my Three Mobile number  (Monthly contract) to an O2 PAYG SIM  on Tuesday, 5th March.

Following the use of a PAC code through O2's transfer form on Tuesday 5th March, my Three SIM was disconnected the next day; however, the intended number porting to O2 did not occur. Despite multiple calls to O2 customer services, where they resubmitted the PAC code and advised patience, I was then informed on Friday, 8th March, that it is purportedly impossible to transfer a Pay Monthly SIM from another provider to a PAYG SIM. Consequently, I was told I needed to take out a contract with O2 for a minimum of 12 months.

Feeling compelled due to the PAC code already being in O2's system and unusable elsewhere, I reluctantly subscribed to a contract to retain my old number. 

Since initiating the PAC code transfer and since Wednesday, 6th March, at 12 noon, I have been without my number. My primary concern is whether O2 was accurate in stating that a Pay Monthly SIM cannot be transferred to a PAYG SIM. Was I possibly misled or provided with inaccurate information to coerce me into committing to a 12-month contract?

I eagerly await your opinions in clarifying this matter. If O2's assertion is correct, I am perplexed as to why this information was not conveyed during the six previous calls and why their online form allows users to select a transfer from a monthly SIM to a PAYG. Conversely, if customer services provided incorrect information, I find myself in a situation where I have been obligated to enter into a contract against my wishes.

I appreciate your guidance.

Note: I have also sent this to OFCOM for their view on this case.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Urgent2
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You clearly do need to learn some manners ... to take your words "I don't suffer idiots either"...

Either you cannot read properly or have not understood/or wanted to understand the full facts - I have not posted multiple stories. Neither have a posted a large number of times.

These have been completely well founded posts - particularly as other users have experienced similar happenings.

Message 61 of 68

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

If you invested a moment to familiarise yourself with the issue at hand, you'd realise there's no need for ill-informed assumptions.

1. PaulRed was initially established under the Cocered Monthly Contract, which was terminated within the 14-day window. Consequently, access to the community account linked to it is forfeited.
  2. PaulRedPAYG, on the other hand, was set up using the original PAYG SIM (and original PAC request), as initially intended before being misled into a contract.

I've opted to continue this discussion under PaulRedPAYG, as requested by members of this community seeking updates.

I might add that @Urgent2 has simply reached out to me for advice and not you.

Message 62 of 68

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Urgent2 Remember that nobody here can actually help you. It is just a forum that is not monitored by O2/Virgin. You will generally get pointed to O2 Socials.

From my own experience, you will also not get any help from any O2 channels be it Chat, Phone or Socials despite being polite and patient. They have no case record to look at so they will run over the same questions each and every time and also give you the same answers / script each time. It is the most frustrating experience I have ever encountered.

I cannot give you a reason why they cannot resolve a simple issue nor why they are trained to just lie to you but they do.

I have given up and have a complaint in place ready to go to the Ombudsman. I do not expect to get my number back.

Message 63 of 68

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The CS advisers are definitely not trained to lie

That is something that they do when they don't know how to resolve simple queries.

Rather than being able to get further advice from a more knowledgeable staff member they will lie and make things up to get you off the phone and onto the next call

This is all to do with pressure on advisers to fulfill their call quota each day 

Most call centres with agency staff run along parallel lines

Basically it's temporary staff, poor training and high staff churn as well as cost cutting by the parent company.

Add abusive customers to the mix and who in their right mind would want to work for VMO2 these days?

When things go wrong with an account then usually the only way is a spiral downwards

Hence the ridiculously high level of customer complaints to a department that must be overrun with customer issues and no wonder it takes an unacceptable response time

Message 64 of 68

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie It's not acceptable though which is why I jumped. 

As a note: I was always polite and patient on all interations (maybe frustrated at times) as I was recording calls with their approval / knowlledge. Yes, they even lied when they knew they were being recorded.

The key recording being when I was coerced into a contract. 

Message 65 of 68

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm fairly sure from my post that I do completely agree with you and I actually did describe it as unacceptable.

Unfortunately the awful experiences of some customers tends to tar all advisers with the same brush

This is simply not true and very unfair

There are some extremely good experienced advisers but unfortunately it's pot luck getting through to one of them

By the time you do, untold damage has already been done to your account and to the reputation of a company that once prided itself on it's very good customer service.

Message 66 of 68

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie  You did and I was just agreeing.

It is in the laps of the complaints department who I also never expect to hear from so I will not say any more until I get a miracle response from them OR I'll post the Ombudsmen Result should it go to them.

Thanks for all the support thus far.

Message 67 of 68

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update -

1. Number still not ported since the 5th March 24.
  2. O2 Customer Service still running me around in circles with misleading information and contradictory lies.
  3. Still no response from O2 Complaints. 

I have now stopped contacting O2 Customer Services as I cannot deal with the lies / incompetence. I am now counting the days until I can send this to the Ombudsman in a few weeks time. 

Message 68 of 68