Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over wifi / lte on samsung a51 unlocked

Eeyore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought a Samsung A51 separately from my o2 sim. I now find that it can't do voice over wifi or lte. Is there any way to enable it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@Eeyore 

You need to ask O2 to enable it on your account first.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Then turn it on in your MyO2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

wifi on.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Eeyore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've now enabled the WiFi calling feature on my account but still no luck. It looks as if o2 only supports this feature on samsungs purchased from them at the moment. I'll try to get an eta if ever for universal support out of them. Apparently the only unlocked device guaranteed to work is a recent iPhone.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
You've been told a load of rubbish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 94010 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I have an A51 5G purchased direct from Samsung and the wifi calling option works fine with O2 @Eeyore 

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 126003 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I do think this is a very longwinded process if honest! Particularly the part about calling O2 to have it enabled on your account! Why should we have to do that?  All those calls to CS to enable it.

If the phone is capable of Wifi calling, then we should just be able to turn it on via My O2, instead of faffing about with CS!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
As it used to be until someone decided to improve it!
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 126003 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As it used to be until someone decided to improve it!

joy SUCH an improvement!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

As always confused

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 94010 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It should be enabled as a default on every account, especially now most smart phones are capable of wifi calling.

It's the damn wifi messaging that they need to get sorted!

Message 10 of 10