Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data speeds.

Ulverstonian
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently moved from Vodafone to O2 and soon noticed the data speeds were slower during the day but picked up late at night & in the early hours of the morning,  i test using the same speed test and to give you an example i have just run a test at 15:56 and i am getting 1.39 Mbps down and 0.58 Mbps up this morning i got 20 Mbps down  and a decent speed up usingf the sdame test, can someone expalin why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Ulverstonian
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

The speeds at home are the worst,  i have tested in various places when at work (i travel a lot) and get usable speeds, the slow speeds at home are not a massive problem as we all use Wi-fi but if we ever lost our connection (which we did for 24 hours recently)  it would be, when we lost our connection we used my Vodafone phone as a Wi-fi hotspot and it worked fine allowing all the family to stay connected with the speeds i am getting now i know it wouldnt work.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions

@Ulverstonian 

You can leave for free and go back to Voda if still within 14 days?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Ulverstonian
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

I switched to O2 as i wanted to get away from pay as you go,  the O2 monthly packages are far better than Vodafones offerings so i will stay with O2, i can live with the slower speed i just wondered if there was a chance it could be improved in future (hence my earlier question) and as you have said "O2 continue to quote "network upgrades" but what these are and where they will be, is anyone's guess"  it looks like a case of stay put and keep my fingers crossed.  

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions

Don't forget to pray too @Ulverstonian unamused

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 15 of 16

Ulverstonian
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There has been poor O2 coverage in that area since Moses was a lad....

Now you tell me.   laughing

Message 16 of 16