Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap / wifi calling not working

kmt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi - I requested a SIM swap last night and got the security text and next text setting things up but I'm still waiting for the swap to come through. In the meantime I've been trying to enable wifi calling but it says I need to visit the O2 website to enable it (?). I have a (new) iphone 13 mini. I can't figure out how to enable wifi calling while I wait for the SIM swap.

(In case it matters, I did the swap by putting my old SIM into the new phone (both old and new SIMs are SIM-only tariff), setting things up then triggering the SIM swap. I now have the new SIM in my new phone. I put the old SIM back in my old phone and it has lost network.)

So my questions are: how do I enable Wifi calling on my phone while I wait for the SIM swap? How long is the SIM swap likely to take?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kmt
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It turned out there was a problem at the O2 end. I only found out by whinging at the O2 twitter account and they were only barely helpful. Since it's been fixed both problems have resolved so presumably they were related to the same problem. Can't say I'm very impressed with the O2 customer service. There ought to be information that there's an issue, some idea of how long it's going to take to fix and some notification of when it's fixed. Leaving customers to endlessly reboot their phones while being without calls or texts is poor (my old sim also stopped working so I couldn't just revert).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The sim swap should only take a matter of minutes

You iniate the swap from your old sim

You need to ask CS to enable wifi calling on your account

Then you also need to enable it via My O2

wifi on.PNG

Message 2 of 4

kmt
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

On the O2  website it says that wifi calling is enabled!

I initiated the Sim swap on the website, and did it before swapping my Sim out of the phone. I received various text messages about it and it all seemed to be proceeding fine, but nothing has happened (I've rebooted my phoenn several times etc.) I've swapped a Sim before without any trouble.

Message 3 of 4

kmt
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It turned out there was a problem at the O2 end. I only found out by whinging at the O2 twitter account and they were only barely helpful. Since it's been fixed both problems have resolved so presumably they were related to the same problem. Can't say I'm very impressed with the O2 customer service. There ought to be information that there's an issue, some idea of how long it's going to take to fix and some notification of when it's fixed. Leaving customers to endlessly reboot their phones while being without calls or texts is poor (my old sim also stopped working so I couldn't just revert).

Message 4 of 4