Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set SIM PIN for first time

nickphudd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife's iphone is on my account. She has never (like so many people) had a PIN for the SIM on her iphone 11. Now, reading of security issues, we want to set one on her phone (I have always had a PIN for my SIM). However, we are one attempt away from locking her phone as we have obviously got the procedure wrong twice. What is the correct procedure please? The phone itself has no guidance at all.

I opened Settings/Mobile Data/SIM PIN on her phone. Under SIM PIN there is no information as to what is required - it just says SIM PIN and I checked the box as this is the first PIN on this phone. Thereupon, it displayed a new screen requiring entry of the PIN with no indication as to whether it needs the new PIN, an old PIN (?0000 as there has never been a SIM PIN) or, indeed, the main phone PIN (6 digits). When she input the new PIN she wanted, we were told we had two more goes before locking. She tried the main iphone PIN and we had one go left. So I am asking for advice as we have only one attempt left and absolutely no information as to what we are expected to do to set a SIM PIN for the first time. I suspect that the entry we were addressing was to lock the SIM, rather than set the PIN. HELP!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7827 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Usually it is 0000 or 1234

But don't worry If you enter the sim pin incorrectly 3 times you will then need your PUK. Enter the PUK and it will ask you to set up a new pin. See this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/unblock-your-phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7827 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Usually it is 0000 or 1234

But don't worry If you enter the sim pin incorrectly 3 times you will then need your PUK. Enter the PUK and it will ask you to set up a new pin. See this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/unblock-your-phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93928 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Default sim pin is 0000

You usually need to enter this and then your choice of pin twice

Message 3 of 3