Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second hand phone when they cant repair

JustinO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sent my phone pixel 6 in for repair two weeks and been told that it cant repaired so I'm getting a refurbed second hand phone sent as replacement?

Ive had my phone 6 weeks before it was sent in for repair and think this is joke! the phone developed a well known fault (black screen) but I'm told that as I sent in a second hand phone ill get one sent back? surely this isn't right?  it comes with the standard 24 month warranty and I'm only 3months into my 2 year contract and I'm really not impressed and everyone I speak to tells me different things...…anyone got any suggestions.

does this mean they change the amount owing on the handset plan thing on the contract.

note I do not have phone insurance etc  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

If you sent it to the manufacturer, they may send a new one or return your original after repair. I have had several such phones replaced by a high-street retailer some years back due to cracks appearing around buttons and corners of the case within 3 weeks of purchase.

If you sent to O2 repair, as you fell outside the initial return period, you're likely to get a refurbished "as new" handset back, @JustinO - sometimes a manufacturer will deny an issue is a quality or known issue - Google Pixel 6 was a good example of that.

Message 2 of 5

JustinO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the plot thickens ive now been told something new that i need to send proof that my phone isnt old and i will get a new one....

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

You can get that in your MyO2 in Documents section here if needed. Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

Message 4 of 5

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @JustinO were you able to get a new phone as a replacement?

Message 5 of 5