cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Protector not applied properly in the store resulting in a big issue!

GabMor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

In fact I'm not expecting any financial return based on this question, but as a costumer I feel that I need to share the same even if at the end that gets used only to improve the client services...

I  bought an expensive mobile phone (Galaxy S20 Ultra) last quarter of 2020, and also bought in the store a silicon case and a screen protector. 

Since I always get issues when trying to put the screen protector myself (air bubbles, etc), I've asked the O2 store guy to install for me. I saw he applying the same a little far due to Covid restrictions at the time, and after finished he gave to me the mobile. I saw a "layer" over the screen so I  understood the same was applied, etc and went back home. 

Today, my mobile felt 15CM (Yes, only 15CM, from my pocket while in a chair to the chair leg... over a carpet!!) and when I saw the screen  the same was broken...... I thought was only the screen protector (I imagined "man... very bad one , by the way, to break like this...") and to my surprise was the screen...

But how the screen you might ask, right? When I look at the Mobile phone, the guy from the store just left the "Plastic film" of the screen protector but the screen protector itself was not there!! He installed the "plastic film" of the protector and did not used the protector itself!!!! I dont know if he throw it away or any other possibility....

So, to resume my long text, I have a broken phone (Not working half of the screen), have to pay 400 Pounds to fix it, and that is due my screen protector being installed (on the best guess...) wrong!

I dont know if there is something that cover those kind of issues (If so, please let me know!!) , and as mentioned I think no possible solution will be presented to me by the store, but I had to share it here.....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Waqas to advise you @GabMor 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@GabMor

I'm not sure how he managed to do that, as normally the plastic backing has no adhesion to affix it to the screen.

And also the backing has tabs on it (but so do some screen protectors).

I understand the pain in fixing screen protectors, we actually bought a contraption to fix them to phones

Screen protectors wont protect the phone when dropped(Tempered Glass ones will help negatate this) , they mainly just protect the screen from scratches, as if the phone drops at a certain angle the screen is a goner anyway ( i had this happen to a S10 5G) no matter what the distance.
Also if the screen protector has any scratches or chips it loses integrity.

With regards to can anything be done, i'm afraid i doubt it.

You might be able to speak to the screen protector manufacturer as some have warranty schemes, its worth checking their website.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @MI5 

Thank you for the info @madasaf1sh 

@GabMor I will send you a private message so we can discuss this further

signature
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Thanks @O2Waqas thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

GabMor
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks MI5! I will be in touch with him here slight_smile
Message 6 of 10

GabMor
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks O2Waqas, I will be waiting here , best regards!
Message 7 of 10

GabMor
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for you reply. In fact, I think there was no issues with the screen protector but at the end that was not installed properly (or not installed at all).
Due to Covid, I was 2M far from the guy installing it. At the end, he gave to me the mobile phone with the silicon back cover and mentioned that the screen protector was installed, so all good to go.
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Have you checked the Private message section here @GabMor 

Top right hand side of page. Like so

Private message latest.PNG

NB. Re-edited post due to miscommunication yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

GabMor
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, yes, I was not aware the private message is at the top right of the page, thanks!
Message 10 of 10