Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra screen flickering and glitching

AndrewWD90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I received my new Samsung S21 Ultra (Exynos 512 gb) last week and it has a fault with the screen. It first happened a few days after I started using it, then to my relief it stopped. Since two days ago it now happens most of the time, making the phone almost unusable. It hasn't been dropped and no water damage.

The screen flickers and glitches, which often results in the display turning off and returning me to the lock screen. Mostly happens when dragging down the notification tray, opening the app drawer, swiping windows across or scrolling on a web page. So quite often. Sometimes when looking at pictures, there are large parts of the image that are "blocked out" with large black pixels. Tried to take a screenshot of the issue, always unsuccesfully - the button placement on this phone really doesnt help with that!

I've tried adjusting the brightness and "motion smoothness" screen refresh rate with no luck. I've also reset all settings and performed a factory reset just incase it was the software set up from my old phone back up which was causing the issue. Now using it completely fresh post factory reset and the problems still persist. I think it must be a hardware issue, unless anyone has any ideas? I've tried most of the fixes online and those on the samsung website. Couldn't find much online about this problem with this particular phone.

I'd like to do a like for like replacement from O2, as I'm still within the initial 30 days but cant find anywhere on MyO2 or the website support pages to help with this. Online chat only appears to have two subject options, new customer or upgrade...? Not in a position to call up at the moment, but can try later if needs be.

Thanks,
Andrew

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AndrewWD90 

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AndrewWD90 

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

AndrewWD90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the advice, I'll give it a go!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best of luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4