Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM update

sim_update
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my father has received a message saying his older sim will no longer be supported. He is 86 years old and has had his phone for years. He is not in a position to learn a new phone so will he be able to continue using the phone he has?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8090 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1660 Solutions

Yes, the new SIM would have the same number and account details.

All this is in preparation for the closing of 3G and the following wind down of 2G

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94321 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7032 Solutions

Best option is for him to go into a O2 store and they will supply the sim free of charge and transfer everything including his number to the new sim

Ordering a sim from customer service will leave him with no phone until the new sim is delivered because they disconnect the current sim as soon as the new one is ordered which is insanity that seems to be rife throughout O2 just now

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8090 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1660 Solutions

If he goes into a store they will want photo ID. Usually a passport or driving licence.

Due to his age I'm not sure he will have these. I would check with the store what they are willing to accept

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4