Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS messages not working/ constantly verifying number

turbopete
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

as per subject line really. partner swapped the sim from their old phone to their new phone (same brand of Android phone) which had no issues with rcs messages, but in the new phone its trying to verify the number constantly.

if i go into their google account, the number is correct and verified. tried going through the google help pages and to google tech support and they say it looks like a carrier issue.

anyone know how to fix the problem, or have a contact that can fix the problem, as they use some of the features quite a lot.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149858 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28528 Solutions

@turbopete 

Try using the Google message app of Plat store if not already using it.

Never had a problem with that app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

turbopete
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thats exactly what they are using. i wasnt aware of anything else coming pre installed in android

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149858 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28528 Solutions

You didn't say which Android phone and yes, branded devices use their own apps for messaging.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

turbopete
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

both were/are motorola

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149858 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28528 Solutions

I'd uninstall updates and re-update it make sure it's the latest version that's installed.

Message 6 of 8

turbopete
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i did an update on it at the weekend for them and it made no difference, and id assume it was the most recent version

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149858 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28528 Solutions

@turbopete 

Do they still have the old phone, or another phone to try the sim in?

If so, put the sim back in it and if RCS works, it's a setting or app issue with the new phone.

If not, the next step would be get a new sim, but come back with the results of that test first.

Message 8 of 8