Did you mean: 

Poor to No Signal in NG156NL Area

Certified5226
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

This has been happening for years with every year we hope the service gets fixed or better but today I've decided to make a post.

Often more than ever unable to get data or make phone calls due to no signal. We have the latest and greatest phones. Often to get 1 bar signal we would need to leave the house or go to the end of our back yard.

Of course we can use voice over data but that would require we had the internet to begin with? I don't want to pay for another service to use a service I pay for?

What is required to get a Mast put up or installed closer to where we live?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149566 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28514 Solutions

@Certified5226 

Networks need planning permission from local councils which are often met with rejections from locals who don't want a mast in their "backyard".

Is there no other network with better service you can use?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Certified5226
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Third-party networks are pretty much the same. Three being even worse than O2. - If O2 are happy to get onboard id be more than happy enough to get a petition in our area.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149566 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28514 Solutions

@Certified5226 

Not sure who you need to approach within O2 but maybe @Dave-O2 can advise?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11615 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Certified5226 

You will need to find somewhere that is happy to have the mast installed, as well as all the groundworks, best bet is to approach a local councillor or 2 and ask them to get on board, if you where in a rural area I would have suggested looking at the likes of B4RN... 

A network might ask for a contribution in costs from funding grants... and then you have the problem with NIMBY's who will object till the cows come home... and expect it to take a year or so.,..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 12

Certified5226
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. I'm gonna set this in motion for today.

Message 6 of 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Certified5226 

Good luck and please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 7 of 12

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 223 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

It's the network operator who decides where new sites are required. Once a new site is issued, local authority planning consents are one part of the jigsaw. Approved designs on a suitable location, legal agreement with a landlord and a suitable power supply, are some of the others.

Message 8 of 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@japitts 

It is actually quite informative to look at one or two planning applications for new masts and to observe how they address or inform about some of the issues you have mentioned ; and then to watch as the NIMBYs try to derail the process.  

Message 9 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7973 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Big parts of Chester have poor coverage.

In the last 12 months 16 planning applications have been refused.

One of the reasons UK coverage is poor.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 12