Did you mean: 

Pixel watch 2 LTE

Dappdanman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all. 

My wife is about to purchase a Google pixel watch 2 through Currys and the plan is to move over to O2 in a couple of months for a new pixel phone from vodaphone. Is it possible now to have an O2 ESIM work with the watch as I've seen older comments that it's not supported or something. 

Thanks for your help in advance 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Dappdanman wrote:

Hi all. 

My wife is about to purchase a Google pixel watch 2 through Currys and the plan is to move over to Is it possible now to have an O2 ESIM work with the watch.......

@Dappdanman 

No sorry.

O2 only support the wifi version of the Pixel watch https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/google/pixel-watch-2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

The watch needs to be on the same network as the phone, so there is no point at the moment.

You can run it on Bluetooth but it will need the phone nearby to work

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Dappdanman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is the plan all along. Run it in Bluetooth till a new contract, phone and Esim is in place then switch it to LTE. Thankyou 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Dappdanman wrote:

Hi all. 

My wife is about to purchase a Google pixel watch 2 through Currys and the plan is to move over to Is it possible now to have an O2 ESIM work with the watch.......

@Dappdanman 

No sorry.

O2 only support the wifi version of the Pixel watch https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/google/pixel-watch-2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Dappdanman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I get they only sell the WiFi version, but like other watch brands out there like Huawei or another android make, as O2 don't sell them either, does it mean an ESIM won't work in them too?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Dappdanman 

Correct.

Only O2 support what they sell.

Message 6 of 6