Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up my phone that is in another name

Chloester
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve had the same number for about 10 years now since I was about 13 and my phone bill has always been paid by a parent. Recently I upgraded my phone, changed my email address and bank details but didn’t realise until afterwards that it’s pretty much impossible to change your name and dob on the account and as it’s literally impossible to contact o2 at all I’ve found it difficult to get this changed before my phone got delivered to the o2 shop for pick up. My parent doesn’t live in the same city as me and as she lives in a tier 4 area none of us have cars I can’t go and pick up her id to go and collect the phone and I received a text from o2 saying copies of ID are not accepted so there really is no other way of me picking up a phone that isn’t in my name. I’m not sure what to do as even changing the name now will be too late as surely it will be already on the packaging as a different name. Please help
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149610 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Chloester 

If yu have the pin code for collection and your previous phone on the contract you will be fine.

They can text your old phone to prove it's you.

In order to change your name, you should have applied for the contract in your name and gone through the credit check process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2