Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Credit

Jeffrey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I am considering getting a new phone for my birthday in August. I am considering a Samsung Galaxy A71 on a 3 year pay monthly contract. Currently I use a Nokia Lumia on a Pay As You Go Basis. I am changing my service because I regularly almost run out of data every 31 days, using a "Snack" bolt on. I have noticed, that the more I pay up-front, the less my monthly cost will be. My question is this: If I have £25 - £30 of credit left on my old phone, can I use this to increase my up front payment? e.g. £30 credit left plus £100 up front payment = £130 paid I look forward to your reply & thank you for your time............. Jeff Stone

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jeffrey 

Any PAYG credit will be added to your monthly contract account on your second bill.

So whilst you won't lose it, you also can't use it upfront I'm afraid.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jeffrey 

Any PAYG credit will be added to your monthly contract account on your second bill.

So whilst you won't lose it, you also can't use it upfront I'm afraid.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2