Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming text messages

JuhiPatni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I am facing the issue of not receiving any incoming text messages - outgoing text messages are working fine. Everything was working fine up until 18th December 2023, and then incoming messages stopped out of the blue. I have contacted customer service and raised a ticket for the same. I also went to O2 store where the agent tried to fix this by swapping over to a new SIM card, but it didn't work. I was told that this has been raised with the technical team and they will get back. 

I got a call today from O2, stating multiple people are facing this issue, and I am not the only one, and the team is working on priority to fix the issue. However, I could see posts going back to 2022 for the similar issue. 

Could someone let me know how to get this resolved please. I am facing lots of issues due to this, as I am not able to make any payments or work with any MFA application.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anto-Muscas
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Ewa2410 

Yes, I've contact O2 in every way I could: Thru Messenger, the app MyO2, the website and the phone.

I got 2 times a reference number but I can't find them anymore, it's not on the emails received.

EDIT: I just received another reference number, It's 27419410

Message 11 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anto-Muscas 

I did . Got 2 ref number and still nothing . Today new SIM card arrived, I will see if will work . 
Other person tried, and they said wait till 8.01 . 

Message 12 of 23

gozgoz
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anto-Muscas 

i am

having the exact same problem. I merged from Virgin everything was working fine and then around 20 December this happened. Has swapping the sim helped please ? 

Message 13 of 23

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9739 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@gozgoz 

Whilst you are waiting for @Anto-Muscas to reply, you might wish to review :-

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Message 14 of 23

Anto-Muscas
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gozgoz 

Unfortunately not at all.

I asked for the PAC codes for all of my numbers.

I don’t know if is a coincidence but I received a text on 15/12/2024 saying about works to improve the lines due on 20/12/2023.

I wonder if these work caused the issues.

Message 15 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anto-Muscas 

replacwment SIM is not working, I fight with o2 since 2.01.24. Have exactly same issue . 

Message 16 of 23

Iz008
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the exact same issue. I moved from Virgin to O2 and everything was fine until 16th of December. I have called O2 so many times now, I’ve also gone in store a few times. And I’ve even contacted them on social media. They are useless. They will spend majority of the time trying to shift blame onto your device and tell you to reset this and reset that, when that doesn’t work they admit that it is an ongoing problem and it’s their fault. Every single time I called I was told to keep restarting my phone and wait 24 hours. So, I was told to wait 24 hours every 24 hours until a whole week passed. Now, I’m being told to wait 10 days since they have filled a form for technical support. On Friday I was told to wait 10 days, since I know they are liars I called again the next day. The agent said a form hasn’t been submitted and told me to wait 10 days. This has happened every single day for nearly a week. 

Im trying to leave O2 now, and they keep trying to text me the PAC code. Whilst knowing I can’t get text messages…

Message 17 of 23

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9739 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Iz008

There have been occasional examples on this forum of users reporting PAC codes being received by means other than text. If you call Customer services on 202 and are particularly assertive, you might get your PAC orally. An alternative would be to engage with O2 via social media :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

If you decide to go down the route of calling 202, just after 8.00am is recommended as it is less busy. 

Please keep us informed of developments.  

Message 18 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@JuhiPatni @Oxonian @Iz008 @Anto-Muscas @gozgoz 

My phone start receiving txt messages like they’ve said to wait until 10.01 . 
I have restart my phone and all messages come through .

issue fixed finally after nearly a month 

Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126442 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Ewa2410 

Pleased to hear yours is sorted ......at long last!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23