Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any One Time Passcodes

Kerfuffle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not receiving OTP messages for my banking & paypal apps. 

I have contacted 02 and they removed the 18+ restriction, then all of a sudden I got multiple OTP messages, however this has only temporarily resolved the issue and the OTP messages seem to becoming through intermttently. I have also done a sim swap, but this has made no difference.

I am going away on 5th February and will need access to my banking apps, starting to panic now. I am seriously thinking of ditching 02 and porting across to EE or Vodafone.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Kerfuffle 

See if anything helps here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Kerfuffle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the guide. I can send & receive sms messages without any problems. It's just the OTP messages that I am having problems with.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Kerfuffle 

It's a not uncommon issue with O2, esp if you have ported in from another network as some porting files can get missed.

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Kerfuffle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't ported my number, iv'e been with 02 for several years.
Thank you for asking @O2Sarah to help. I really need to get my banking apps up & running before I travel in a few days.

Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38492 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Kerfuffle wrote:

I haven't ported my number, iv'e been with 02 for several years.
Thank you for asking @O2Sarah to help. I really need to get my banking apps up & running before I travel in a few days.

It is @O2Sarah- - note the trailing hyphen. Not long now until 8am, good luck!

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Was tagged correctly in my reply anyway.

Message 7 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again for the tag @MI5 

@Kerfuffle I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 8 of 9

AJP2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem after porting number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 9