cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in Leigh on Sea and no easy way to report it!

MWSS9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done O2. My wonderful husband died 5 weeks ago and I am trying to arrange his funeral so I really appreciate your complete lack of signal in our area of Leigh on Sea. People have important issues to deal with in our area not least local businesses struggling with the aftermath of covid , the major financial crisis we are currently undergoing at present and people like me due to the excess of deaths in the UK this winter which are more than UK has experienced in a generation (excepting covid years 20 and 21) trying to arrange funerals of loved family. SORT IT OUT PRONTO, PLEASE.

I doubt my putting this problem in this forum will be of much use, why not make it easy for people to report genuine problems.  Your Chat option is a joke to me your customer for 15 plus years!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10635 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@MWSS9 

As much as I appreciate its a difficult time.. 

But network faults happen, just like in every industry. 

o2 wont give a timescale for it to be resolved, as there are many factors at work, such as parts, landlords not allowing access to fix and issue, to councils been troublesome, of works, etc

If you are on pay monthly then enable WiFi Calling on your handset and use your broadband to make and receive calls. 

You will need to contact o2 from a different phone on 0344 809 0202  or 202 from your o2 phone, when you have signal, and they can enable it for you.

Also keep an eye on https://status.o2.co.uk 

And use the my Network App to report issues.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@MWSS9 Sorry for your loss.

We are sadly aware of the uselessness of Live Chat and most of O2's customer service in general.

A suggestion to try to get around your signal issue would be to use WiFi calling, if you have a phone that's capable. The snag to that solution is you'll have to get customer service to enable WiFi calling on their end before you can use the service: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7119 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

According to My Network there is upgrade work being carried out in the area, so O2 will be aware of the situation.

Scheduled to finish Thursday but that may change

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@MWSS9 Sorry for your loss.

As others above have said, there are some ways you can work around the current lack of service where you live, and it seems this is temporary as O2 work on upgrading their mast in your area.

Meantime, do get hold of the My Network app from O2, and create an account to use it (it's free, but uses a different credential from your O2/MyO2/Community forum account) from here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

And set it up to watch your home area and any other area where you expect O2 coverage to work.  The app will make sure messages from 2 about work on any of the areas you are interested in get to you before, during and after the work.

Message 5 of 5