Did you mean: 

Never getting 5G

Worm3rd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’ve seen various posts on this and tried everything 

I have a pay as you go sim that I recently converted to monthly. As far as I remember, I’ve never gotten 5G to show up on my phone

i I have an iPhone 12. And under the cellular data I DO see 5G as an option. Just.  Doesn’t ever connect.  And I’ve sat next to people who use o2 and they are on 5g

is there a chance I just need a newer sim?

may e something wrong with phone?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

5g is not available on O2 PAYG so did you get a new sim when you converted?

If not, pop in store with photo ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 19

Worm3rd
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry if this doubles.  Had a hiccup first time I submitted

i concerted strictly on the app

if I pop in for new sim will my number change?   I’d like to keep the one I have 

Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

You keep your number and everything it will just be a pay monthly 5g sim that you need.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 19

Worm3rd
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I will give this a go maybe on the 27th as I just got into England an hour ago after 24 hours of travelling. And I’m exhausted.  Once I know what’s happening with this I’ll comment or mark as answer.  Either way I’ll let you know.  Ty

Message 5 of 19

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

In all the haste remember to take Photo ID

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Yes I did mention that already.

Message 7 of 19

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

I know but I'm reiterating the point

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

As it appears there's a need for it to be repeated a number of times, please don't forget your photo ID @Worm3rd 

Have a great Christmas and hope you get your sim sorted promptly after.

Message 9 of 19

Worm3rd
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Would a USA drivers license be sufficient (which I always have on me) or should I bring passport just in case?

Message 10 of 19